Chapter forty one-Answer

Start from the beginning

Marcus considering there your parents to I thought you'd ought to know that information as well.

I must say I was in a bit of hurry to write this though considering you and April were just talking. Just in time for Marcus to see this letter. I hope you have fun on your date with April.

XX

I took out the pictures and indeed as the stalker had said there are pictures. Pictures of Dad and Daphne and also my Mum and some guy I've never seen before.

Looking over at Marcus his serious expression had turned to worry.

"I think we should call the police," he said.

"So do I but not at the moment," I replied.

"No this is out of control I'm calling them now," he insisted going over to the landline

I watched him slam down 999 on the dial pad waiting.

"Yes police," he replied to the phone.

I feel frozen, all noise around me being a blur even Marcus on the phone.

"They said they'd be here soon," Marcus said snapping me out of my thoughts. Looking at him he seemed tense and uneasy.

"They'll probably need to see Blair," he stated the sentence coming out a little more than a whisper.

***

The police came in getting us to sit back down on the sofa. One fished out a notepad from his pocket taking it in his hand and grabbing a pen.

"We'll need to go to the station to take the official statements but for now we'll need to see some evidence and what's been going on," one of them said looking from Marcus to me.

I went through the information with him as best as I could trying not to miss out sections.

"So this Blair girl, we'll need to speak with her," one of the men stated.

***

We told them Blair's address then went to the station for a proper statement. It is a little comforting knowing that they are talking this seriously.

***

Coming out of the room I saw Blair being picked up by Jessie.

"Need a lift?" Jessie asked being polite.

Blair and I looked at each other unsure but the clouds rumbled above us and a break in the sky happened. Rain dropped slowly at fist then got heaver.

"Thanks!" I shouted; Marcus and I running over to the car.

"Marcus sit next to me you're in control of the music," Jessie said adjusting the mirror a little.

"Cool," Marcus said getting into the front seat and already fiddling with the buttons to the stereo.

Blair sat down next to me and I couldn't help like feel this had all turned full circle. I'm trying not to look at her but with every glance I can see her looking at me with a mixture of pain and regret ridden in eyes.

***

Going home I shouted over the rain another thank you to Jessie and closed the door behind me.

"Marcus! Addison! Is that you?" My mum shouted as we walked through the door.

"Yes it's us," I called back.

***

We sat down at the dinner table. Looking at mum I was surprised that she'd cheat on dad. Finding out dad had also cheated on Mum wasn't surprising though because Marcus and I'd had this discussion before. Somehow I am still shocked.