Chapter thirty eight-Peer pressure

Blair and I are getting ready for the party round her house.

"What's this party even for?" I asked looking at Blair trying to decide what top she's going to wear.

"As you know prom is kind of soon so it's the last time to really chat and hang out with everyone," Blair shrugged turning around holding a black lace top. By 'kind of soon' I'm guessing she means months away; it's only near the end of November.

"How about this one?"

"As I told you with the last ones you showed me it'll look great," I replied exasperatedly with a small smile.

We got changed into our outfits. Blair is wearing some tights with a short skirt and the lace top, I'm wearing a silver and black tank top with some ripped jeans. Scrapping my hair into a ponytail I quickly curled the ends of my hair to make beach waves. Quickly putting on some eyeliner and mascara I'm finished.

***

We arrive at the party which is already buzzing with people. Straight away we headed over to the drinks table. Blair opened up some bottles making a pink drink.

"Try this," she said with a grin. I took the alcoholic drink out of her hands slowly taking a sip. To my surprise, it's actually nice.

"Wow this is good," I replied taking another sip.

"Yeah it's my favourite just be careful," Blair replied placing a chaste kiss on my cheek.

***

Over the course of the evening, I'd had a few more of those pink drinks and some beer which tasted bitter. I lost Blair a while ago in the crowd of sweaty bodies all dancing and drinking. Instantly a pang of panic hit me as I remembered the night of Halloween and how scared I'd felt and still feel. Turning around I saw Gareth looking at me.

"We meet again," he shouted with a slight laugh walking towards me.

I looked at him nervously wondering what he is doing talking to me. Feeling awkward I adverted my eyes down so I'm looking at my shoes.

"Don't look so nervous I just wanted to say that I'm sorry and happy for you. Oh and hey since a little after that night I got a girlfriend anyway which I'm guessing April's already told you," he rambled.

My head snapped up when I realised he said, girlfriend.

"April is your girlfriend?" I asked with a hint of uncertainty lacing my voice.

"Yeah hasn't she told you?" He questioned furrowing his brow slightly in confusion.

"I don't think she has, I haven't seen her as much recently."

"Yeah we've been spending a lot of time together," he replied with a timid smirk.

***

As the party went on people were being nicer to me and not calling me a variety of names or saying stupid stuff about lesbians.

Feeling a little tipsy I went into the garden and noticed April and Tess dancing. Going over to them I slurred "I-I didn't k-know you guys are here."

"Yeah come on and dance!" Tess shouted pulling me more towards the crowd of dancing people.

***

Feeling the buzz of alcohol in my system I danced and sung with my friends having a great time. Then a thought came into my head. Blair. Where is she? Suddenly I became determined to find her. Walking into different rooms I couldn't find her anywhere. Pushing through the sweaty people I realised I hadn't checked the living room.

Seeing that April had followed me I asked: "Can you see Blair?"

She stood in shock pointing to the sofa. On the sofa is Blair and Gareth making out. Instantly tears welled up in my eyes stinging trying not to fall. My heart feels as if it's been ripped from my chest.

They pulled away from both looking at us with worried expressions.

"Addison I can explain!" Blair shouted over the excruciatingly loud music.

Wiping my tears with my hand that had managed to escape my tear ducts I rushed out the room.

Blair followed me tapping my shoulder so I looked around.

"Addison please listen and let me explain," Blair begged.

"Explain what that your kissing someone else! Did you even ever love me or was this some game to you!" I exclaimed enraged.

"Please don't cry," Blair whispered trying to wipe away one of my tears. I smacked her hand away.

"Leave me alone," I replied sternly.

"It was nothing I swear! Just can we talk about this?!" She said exasperated.

"Why are you lying to me? Forget it we're over, you're a fucking arsehole!" I shouted looking at her feeling bad that tears are threatening to leave her eyes. Before she could say anything else I stormed out the door.

I should have never come. Why did I ever believe that someone like Blair would love me? I'm so stupid.

————

Thank you so much if you have read this chapter. I'll try to update soon.

:)