Chapter four-Smoothie

The normal silence at the kitchen table seemed to be worse today. Dad still didn't like to acknowledge Marcus after his coming out so he only said good morning to my Mum and me.

Throughout breakfast, Dad just sat down with his coffee and newspaper, whilst Mum tried to lighten the mood and ask for our plans about the day and week.

***

The sound of a car horn outside meant that Aprils Mum is ready to pick me up. To be honest I'm already half excited to be seventeen so I can learn how to drive.

Picking up my denim jacket I ran out the door. The reason why I have my denim jacket is that Tess has invited us to a sleepover tonight. She probably has the only parents who don't care that it's a school night.

***

The first three lessons went by quickly considering it's a boring school day. My planner consisted of:

-Maths

-English

-Physics

And next, I have Art.

(English and Art are the best)

***

My friends and I are sat around our table and are eating Lunch when Blair's friends came over.

"Hey Bitches," Blair scoffed.

"Hey, you do know that Bitch means female dog right so as I'm not a dog myself I don't find it offensive," Tess replied smugly.

"That was cringy as fuck," I snickered looking at Tess wondering why she said a primary school comeback.

"How about strawberry?" Blair asked.

We all looked at her confused until one of her friends came up behind Tess and April with a beverage in hand. I tried to move out of the way before the inevitable happens but I suddenly feel glued to my seat.

"Three. Two. One!" All the girls shrieked in unison.

Suddenly I felt something on my head with pink liquid dripping down from my strands of hair.

"Ha. Ha. Ha!" They all cackled like witches.

"You piece of shit!" Tess shouted bringing the teachers attention to us. The three girls left before anyone could tell them off.

***

We all walked into the girls' bathroom and scrapped strawberry chunks out of our hair. My hair didn't look as pink when we finished but there was still a sickening smell of strawberries wherever we went.

***

In Art, I sit across from Blair on the rectangular table and all lesson she was staring at me smirking to herself. I looked down at the portrait I was drawing and carried on shading.

Looking down at the drawing of a portrait I couldn't help but think how it somewhat resembled Blair in little ways. It still makes me blush just thinking about her.

***

We all went home to be showered then went to Tess's house. I'm standing outside the big wooden door and pressed the doorbell. The tune echoed around the house bouncing off the walls on the inside.

Tess came to the door with April behind her and engulfed me in a hug.

"Hi. April arrived a few minutes ago, you can go and put your stuff in my room," Tess said letting me go so I can breathe again.

Tess has a big house that is mostly white but the walls are covered in family photos, unlike mine. She has a large room with a queen-size bed in the centre of the room. Her bed has a fluffy thro on the end of the bed, she also has so many pillows I'm always surprised how she sits on her bed.

I placed my bag onto the floor and went into the kitchen where I heard my friends voices.

"Would you like a drink?" Tess asked whilst pouring out herself one and Also April.

"Sure," I replied sitting down at the small table in the kitchen (they have a kitchen and dining room).

Tess brought over the cokes with ice and we all talked about different things.

***

"Okay I'm thinking we do each other's nails and our own face masks," Tess exclaimed.

April and I nodded in agreement the April added: "As long as they're not strawberry I still can't get rid of that smell."

Tess pulled out a selection of facemasks and I opted for the cucumber one which is good for sensitive skin. My face mask turned green and Aprils purple, Tess wore a mud mask.

While we are waiting for the facemasks to dry we decided to do our nails. Tess has one of those really cool UV light gel nail machines were you put your nails under the light inside it and it dries.

I looked at the selection of colours and went for a rose gold glitter varnish. First Tess put on a clear base coat then I put my hand in the machine. A little while later she put on the main colour.

Once mine was done I helped Tess and April out with theirs.

***

We are all sat on Tess's bed after rearranging and moving some pillows which were in the way. Our facemasks have been taken off so now we have smooth skin. At the moment we are watching some horror films while eating Pizza and popcorn. Tess and April keep on jumping at every scare but I'm just trying to stay awake.

After everything has been turned off and we've all gotten into our pyjamas and cleaned our teeth we all go to sleep.

___

Thank you if you have read this chapter.

:)