And It Was Going So Well Too

Start from the beginning

"Ssh, sweetheart, it's okay. Everything's gonna be alright," he assured me, rubbing my back. I sagged against him and he held me up without any effort. I wrapped my arms around him and nodded.

"Okay," I sniffled. He kissed my forehead and slowly sat down on the couch. Grayson laid me out so I was sitting on his lap with my legs stretched out and I was resting against his chest. I listened to his heartbeat and he held me tighter.

~

Grayson's POV

Oh my god, I'm holding her.

I can hear you being sappy from a mile away, Collins. A voice deadpanned.

Get out of my mind, Stone!

Find my fucking mate and I will.

Christ, I didn't even think of that. Jason and his mate just reconciled and to have him ripped away like that must've been killing him inside.

We'll get him back to you as soon as possible, Jay. I promise.

He didn't reply, but I knew he got my message.

~

Taylor's POV

"Taylor?" Grayson said in a hushed tone. "I've got to tell you something."

"Hmm?" I smartly replied. He was so warm. Like, like...a microwaved burrito.

"Taylor, I've been meaning to tell you since we first met..." He was soft too. Cuddly. Like a squishy marshmallow. I buried my head into his chest.

I like marshmallows, I thought. I like them a lot.

"Taylor, I'm your--" My breathing gradually became deeper and I was soon asleep.

~

Grayson's POV

I sighed at the sleeping figure in my arms. Here I was confessing that I was her soul mate, and what does the girl do? She falls asleep.

Only you, Taylor, only you.

"I don't really know what's going on," a new voice said. A tall man entered the room, his whole aura screaming power. His dark eyes were piercing as they held my unwavering gaze. "but may you please explain to me why you're holding my daughter in your arms?"

~

Taylor's POV

I groaned as I cracked open my eyes. I rolled over to find out I was in my old bedroom. When I still lived with my dad.

Where's Grayson? I wondered. I stretched as I got up. What happened? I vaguely remember something about burritos and marshmallows. What time is it? I looked out the window and saw it was still night time.

Michael.

His name shot through me like a bullet and I gasped, slapping a hand over my mouth. I was the worst person in the world. Here I was thinking about food and time while my brother was out there somewhere.

I swiftly dressed in my hunting outfit and raced out the door.

"Taylor? Where are you going?" I paused at the entrance. Turning around, I saw my dad behind me.

"Dad?" My confusion was immediately masked with one of indifference and boredom. "What do you want?" I asked, my voice even.

He raised an eyebrow at my sudden change but didn't speak of it. "I was just wondering where you were off to at such a late hour?" I rolled my eyes at his response.

Yeah, like you really care.

"If you must know," I coldly replied. "I was about to go and search for Michael."