Under Attack

Unedited!!!! Will be coming back and editing it after work tonight :)

Like Hunter said, after a few days of rest I was all healed and ready to get out of this damn bed.

Meagan spent most of her time sitting outside my room, and if I tried to get up for any reason other than to use the bathroom, she would immediately be in the door way to stop me. She was being my guard dog just like Hunter said.

Since I was finally healed it was I thought it was time to have Rosalie start coming to the house during the day to spent time with both meagan and I.

I mind linked Hunter. "Can you bring Rosalie over to the pack house for me".

He responds immediately. "No problem, where on our way".

Not even 5 minutes later and Rosalie is bursting through the front doors filled with energy.

"Daddy, mummy I'm back!". I think I'd be able to hear her on the other side of the house she's yelling that loud.

I walk into the kitchen to find her getting up onto one of the stools at the bench.

"So what do you want to do today sweaty?".

"Well I wanna bake some cookies, watch a movie and many see some of the pictures you said you would look for for me". She responds happily.

"Well then, how about we get started on those cookies, then later on while you watching a movie I'll see what I can do about finding some photos". Let's just hope I didn't burn all of them.

30 minutes later and a kitchen covered in flour, I'm finally putting her cookies in the over. Meagan has been standing in the corner or close to Rosalie the whole time and I can't help but laugh at her appearance.

Rosalie was constantly dropping flour everywhere and a lot of it seems to have landed on Meagan. Her usual dapple grew wolf is now almost completely white from the flour.

"What's so funny Daddy?". Rosalie looks at me confused.

"Well love you seemed to have changed the colour of your mothers wolf".

She finally pays attention to her mother and notices what she's done. "Oops". She giggles

Meagan simple walks to the centre of the room and shakes out her fur making a cloud of flour to form around her. This cause both Rosalie and I to laugh.

"Well how about we put a movie on and the staff can come clean this mess we've created". I watch Meagan's reaction when I say other people will be coming over. She does show any negative reactions so I'll take that as a good sign.

I put a movie on for the two of them and leave to hopefully find some photos for Rosalie.

"Hunter, do you happen to know if we have any old photos of Meagan? Rosalie would like some but I burnt all mine after she left". I mind link him.

"Actually after Meagan left I made a copy of all the photos you had and locked them away in the attic just incase the day came that you wanted them again. Would you like me to come get some for you alpha? I could get photos out that just contain Meagan in them, as there's quite few that I don't think you really want to see". He admits.

"It's fine Hunter, I need to deal with this for my daughters sake. Where can I find the photos?".

"In then back left corner of the attic behind and old bookshelf there is a safe. The combinations 2104, good luck". With that he cuts off the mind link.

Heading to the attic I start moving things around till I can get to the back. Finding the old bookshelf I move it to the side to find a medium sized wall safe that I didn't even know was here. Punching in the code i don't miss the fact that Hunter made the code our wedding date, 21st of the April. Hearing the lock disengage I take a deep breath before opening it to find a single box inside.

Taking it out I head down to my bedroom and sit on the floor placing the box down in front of me.

For quite a while I just sit there and stare at the box, worried about the memories that will be triggered once I open it.

That's it enough's enough. I can't sit here for ever being scared of this little box. Opening the lid I grab a small handful of photos off the top of the pile.

The first few are photos of Meagan by herself, these are exactly the type of photos that I need for Rosalie.

I know I could simply just take these few photos for Rosalie and shit the box without looking at the other photos. I'm about to do just that but the temptation to keep going wins me over.

I'm stunned when I pull out what was once my favourite photo. It's me and Meagan on our wedding day. I'm holding her in my arms looking down at her with love and a smile that I don't think anyone has seen in 5 years. Meanwhile Meagan is clearly eying of our wedding cake, I later found out she had been trying to figure out how to steal a piece with out anyone noticing as she didn't want to wait to cut the cake.

How could she have ruined what we had together, I would have done anything for her.

I continue to look through the photos finding many more of us together.

I'm startled when Rosalie plops down beside me on the floor. I didn't notice her walk in. Looking up I see Meagan standing by the door also.

"Are these the photos Daddy?".

"Yes love, why don't you go through them".

"Mummy come look how pretty you were". Meagan walks closer at Rosalie's demand.

I've got some thing I need to go do love, why don't you spend the afternoon with you mum". I'm up and out the room before Rosalie can answer.

Running down the stairs I'm out the front door and shifting into my wolf. My emotions are all over the place right now I need to go for a hunt, I couldn't bare be near Meagan right now after I just looked through all those photos.

Some hours and a full stomach of deer later I return to the house to find Rosalie has already left. Walking past Meagan's room I see her asleep on her new bed since she destroyed the other one when she first came her.

Heading to my room I collapse on the bed, and so find myself falling asleep from exhaustion.

Over the next few weeks Rosalie comes over everyday and sometimes stays the night. We try do activities together that we can include Meagan in.

Slowly she seems to be coming around. She no longer stays in the opposite side of the room from me, she will now allow me to be around 1metre from her before she will move away.

By the two week mark i notice that I've seen a lot more green in her eyes. I'm face I can actually see some permanent green flecks that are staying.

These are all good signs and I've started getting my hopes up. Meagan's made so much progress I didn't even think anything could go wrong. Boy how wrong was I.

It been a month since I first got better and it's one of the rare days that Rosalie hasn't been with us as she's visiting a friend.

Meagan's still up stairs in her room sleeping in, where as I've been up early getting some pack work done.

I'm focused on my computer when I hear Meagan's door slam shut. Why would she shut her door, she wouldn't be able to get out or in if she's in wolf form. Maybe the wind blew it shut, but then again she can open a window to cause a breeze. I better go check it out.

I'm walking out of my office when the window last along the hall start shattering as wolves come crashing through them. I'd lifted the shutters a couple weeks back so Meagan didn't feel so trapped being inside all the time.

I shift and take care of the 3 Wolfe's that have come through the window. Looking outside I can see Hunter and his men severely out numbered. Shit I need to get to Meagan.

Sprinting to the stairs I'm half way up when more wolves appear at the top of the stairs blocking my way, getting ready to shift I hear more wolves breaking in behind me. Shit I'm going to be surrounded soon.

As long as Meagan's in her room she will be safe. I shift and take out 2 more wolves in front of me, I make a break towards Meagan's room until I feel a pain in my leg. Looking down a see a dart in my back leg and begin to feel woozy.

Shit I've been drugged. I struggle a few more steps before my legs give way and I collapse to the ground and pass out.