Welcome to hell

The next day we head out in the late afternoon towards where I now know he'll is located. Surprisingly it's only a 2 hour drive away from my pack, not sure how I didn't know something like this was close by. Guess they keep its location fairly secret unless you have reasons to be there.

The directions take us to a large warehouse in the middle of a forest that would seem almost  abandoned if it wasn't for all the recent tire tracks leading in and out. Following the driveway around the back we find the large doors of the warehouse open, upon entering we see cars parked throughout the inside of the building.

Parking and exiting the car I notice someone who looks like a bouncer standing near a door at the other end. Well guess that's the way we go then.

"Name". The bouncer demands.

"Alex Stone".

"The boss has been expecting you. He's currently busy right now, and asked that you head to the vip area and enjoy some drinks on him while watching the fights. He will send someone for you once he free". The bouncer informs us.

Upon opening  the door I find a large set of steps heading below ground, dimmed lights leading the way. Ironically hell has been built underground.

Descending the stairs the beat of music and cheering is slowly becoming louder. Finally reaching another door i turn too lock eyes with Hunter.

"You ready for this Alex?" He questions me.

"As ready as I'll ever be, stay close at all times". And with that I open the doors to hell.

Considering the name of the place the decor shouldn't have surprised me. The first area we enter seems to be more of a dance club. Black and red are predominant colours throughout. There's minimal lighting and it's mainly dimly lit by basins of fire around the outside of the room. The floor is a layer of smoke, obviously they have a few smoke machines hidden around the place working overtime.

Obviously being alerted to our arrival a waitress quickly approaches us and signals for us to follow. Leading us to another set of stair guarded by security, she leads us down to another level and to a set of doors marked with vip. Ushering us in, I'm happy to discover its much quieter in here without all that pounding music.

One whole side of the room is a ceiling to floor window, I'm assuming it must be used to view the fights. The waitress leads us to a private booth right up against the window, well I guess we're about to find out.

"This will be you booth for the evening. The boss said your drinks are on the house and to enjoy yourselves until he is able to join you later". With that the waitress leaves.

Looking out the window, I see a large sunken pit in the ground with multiple access doors to get the fighter in and out. There is a large wooden wall built around the pit to make sure no one can get out, and rows upon rows of seats circling the pit for spectators to watch. Those seats are already nearly full, money is passing between hands putting down bets.

"Looks like we're just in time, it's about to begin". Hunter observers.

The lights is around the pit dim and spotlights come on lighting up the pit. An announcer comes out and starts calling out the lineup for the first few fights.

We both watch as fighters come out into the ring. The first pair in wolf form, slightly scrawny and obviously not in good condition. Barely 5 minutes later I watch as they pull a lifeless body from the pit leaving a distinctive red smear behind.

Fight after fight this continues. Some matches obviously have a well experienced fighter against some poor guy who doesn't stand a chance, he was simply put there to die for others entertainment. The crowds screaming for the bloodshed to continue. To be honest this doesn't really interest me, I'd much prefer to be the one making others suffer, not sitting here watching it.

A good hour and some 10 fights later a waitress comes to retrieve us.

"If you would follow me, the boss is ready for you now up in his private box". She informs us.

Following the girl, we finally reach our destination. Entering the room it screams wealth. Private bar, a spa in one corner, expensive art on the walls, not a single penny has been spared on this area.

A man sits on a couch over near a viewing window down to the pits similar to the one in the vip area. The only difference being this ones has shutters on the outside that come down for privacy if needed. Turning to us he motions for us to join him on the couch. Assessing him he seems pretty ordinary to be honest.

"Ah alpha Alex, so glad you got my invitation. I was beginning to wonder when you would finally show up".

"What do you mean finally show up? Who are you?". I ask confused.

"I control everything that goes in and out of here completely, if I don't want something to be known outside these walls then it won't be. Simply put, I made sure you heard that your mate had been here as I wanted to meet with you. As for my name, no one knows it, I'm known as boss to anyone who ventures here". He replies.

Anger begins to rise in me. "So in other words you lied to get me here, I bet my mate isn't even here at all and this is all some trick".

"Oh your mate is most definitely here. I can show her to you right now if you wish?". He offers.

Pressing a button on a remote he removes from his suit, the last thing I expect is to see the shutters opening to view the pit.

Rising from my seat I step up to the the window to see a wolf on one side of the ring, covered in so much blood from a previous fight that that I can't distinguish the colour of its fur beneath.

At the sound of the shutters opening, the lone wolf in the pit raises its gaze to the window and locks eyes with me.

I struggle to breath as I realise I'm looking at my mate for the first time in 6 years.