Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

The doors opened and I stepped through. I was greeted by the pack looking at me. I stared down the long isle to my mate.

Jacob wore black suit pants. That's it. It was custom, for the alpha males to not wear shirts. No one was supposed to wear shoes. Women had to wear dresses, but they couldn't wear white. Only the soon to be Luna wore white. Jacob had told me all these things last nighg.

I started walking toward Jacob, as I got closer I got a better look at his face. He looked in awe, and just between you and I, he looked as if he was about to cry.

He reached his hand out and I took it. He pulled me up on the raised platform. And held both of my hands. The past Alpha and Luna would have had the job of conducting the ceremony but because they were no longer here, Hannson and Anne conducted the ceremony.

Hannson gave a speech on what my duties were and that I needed to promise to do anything and everything for the pack.

"I promise to protect the pack with my dying breath." I said. And I meant it. I loved it here. It was home.

"Now I will cut your palms to signify the bond between the Luna and the Alpha." Hannson said.

He cut Jacob's palm and moved to mine. He made a quick slice and Jacob grabbed my hand. We held our hands up to signify that the pack, once again, has a Luna.

We let go and I could feel the pack link. Many people were talking in my mind at once. I knew how to block them out.

"Now it's time for the run!" Jacob announced.

Everyone jumped into action and we all went and striped to change into our wolves.

Anne look distressed. She couldn't shift and run with us. Along with the rest of the pregnant woman in the pack.

"Have fun with the run." She half-heartedly smiled.

"I'll talk to you after, okay?" I said. I was sad. She couldn't run with her Luna.

"Okay." She said.

I turned and went behind a tree. I stripped and shifted. I was met with Jacob's wolf waiting for me. We started to run with the pack behind us.

We ran until we reached a cliff. Jacob and I tipped our heads back and howled to the moon.

We ran back and shifted and put clothes on. I went in search for Anne. She was passed out on the couch. I decided to leave her alone and turned around.

Right into a wall. I didn't remember a wall here. I looked up and was met with Jacob's smiling at me.

"Come on. I have a surprise." He said.

We walked outside and through the woods. I didn't know where we were going. Eventually we came up on a house.

"Surprise!" Jacob said. I was confused.

"You made us a house?" I said in shock.

"Yeah. Do you like it?" He asked unsure.

"I love it! I love you!" I jumped up on him and hugged him. He froze and I wondered why, then it hit me. I had just said I loved him.

"I-I...umm." I shuddered.

He lifted my head so I was looking into his eyss.

"I love you too, Clare." He said.

He moved closer and before I knew it his soft lips were on mine.