Chapter 2

Chapter 2:
POV: Beta of the Blue Moon pack

"Beta Hannson!" A flustered pack member ran into the office.

"What is it Joseph?" I asked immediately alarmed.

"There has been a rouge spotted just outside the territory!" Joseph said still panicking.

"What? Every rouge knows not to come near our pack. Good thing the alpha isn't here or that rouge would be as good as dead." I remarked.

"You better hurry." Joseph said walking out of the alphas office where I was doing paperwork.

I rushed out of the room and outside where I stripped and shifted. I ran to our border and stopped when I saw about 5 of our warriors.

"Beta Hannson. The rouge is just over the border. It looks like she is injured and can't move anywhere. She is losing blood from a wound in her leg." A pack warrior, Jackson said.

"Thanks for the update Jackson." I said while walking over to the rouge.

She looked terrible. She was naked and there was a nasty wound in her leg that looked like a bullet hole. She was very skinny and looked very small. I could tell she was unconscious.

I had nothing against rouges. But the alpha had a reason to despise them. 10 years ago his whole family was brutally killed by a band of rouges. I was his best friends and his only family he had left. We were only 12 when it happened. I was the one who was there for him and helped him in his time of need.

I looked down on the rouge. She needed help. And fast. If the alpha would be gone for another 5 days I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

I checked her heart rate and it was very low. I put a shirt one of the warriors handed me on her. I picked her up and turned to the warriors.

"Run back to the pack house and tell the pack doctor to get ready for a patient." They nodded and ran off.

I needed to be very careful with her so I quickly walked back to the pack house. I felt the need to protect her even if it meant I would die. I thought that was weird.

I walked to the pack hospital and was met with Dr. Anderson.

"Hello Beta. Follow me." She said in a sweet voice.

I followed her down the hallway and into one of the hospital rooms. I set the rouge down gently on the bed while Dr. Anderson went to fixing up her leg and everything. I was escorted out of the room by one of the nurses.

"Wait here Beta. We'll get you when she's stable." The nurse said.

"Alright." I responded back.

"Hannson!" I turn and see my beautiful mate walking toward me. I stand up and meet her in the middle.

"Yes Love?" I asked

"What happened? Where's the rouge?" She quickly responded.

"She's getting fixed up by the doctor right now. It looked like she got shot and ended up on our packs borders." I told her formally.

"Will the alpha be mad?" She looked at me worriedly

"Jacob is gone on an alpha meeting and won't be back for 5 days. Hopefully she'll be better and out of here by then." I said whole glancing at her room worriedly.

"What's wrong Hannson?" My mate looked at me with confusion.

"Nothing just when I was saving her I felt the need to protect her even if it meant I would die. I don't know what that means." I voice my concern

"Who knows. I'll be ok babe, just have faith." She said while rubbing my back.

"Thank you Anne." I said gratefully while hugging her and kissing the mark on her neck.

"Anytime babe." She said while continuing to rub my back.

"Beta Hannson?" Someone said.

I turned to look while saying, "Yes?"

"Shes in stable condition if you would like to see her." The nurse said.

"Is she awake?" I asked sounding hopeful.

"No I'm afraid we don't know when she'll wake up." The nurse said while looking down at the tiled floor.

I just started walking down the hall to her room with my mate beside me. As I reached the door I hesitated.

"Just go in babe." Anne said while rubbing my back.

I reached out and turned the door handle.