Chapter 8

Chapter 8:
POV: Alpha Jacob Sterling

Who does Hannson think he is! Telling me how to deal with my mate. I'm not going to talk to her. She's a rouge. I hate rouges. Why the hell would he even let her inside the borders.

I was pulled out my thoughts from someone knocking on my office door.

"Come in." I responded with a flat tone.

Anne came through the door. She's been in and out of here trying to convince me to go and talking to my mate or as everyone else calls her, Clare.

"Jacob you need to talk to her. Please. Just once. I'll never bother you again." She pleaded almost kneeling on the floor.

"I said no. She's a rouge. I don't associate with rouges. You know that." I responded.

"Please. It's been a week. She doesn't know what's going on. She never learned about mates. I told her they were the best things ever and your making it seen like I lied! Just talk to her! Just once! That's all I'm aski-" I cut her off.

"Fine. Just once. So stop pestering me." I growled.

"Yay," She said basicly shoving me out of my office, "room 203. Hurry up! Have fun!" She said smiling from ear to ear. I just rolled my eyes.

I walked down to the pack hospital very slowly, regularly stopping to talk to some of my pack members. I had finnaly reached Clare's room and knocked.

"Come in." I heard her respond.

I opened the door and walked into the room. She looked up at me with a shocked face.

"Hi Jacob." She said. Even though my wolf was purring from how our name sounded on her lips I didn't agree.

"It's Alpha Jacob to you." I said while my wolf growled at me for speaking so rudely to our mate.

"Oh. I'm sorry, Alpha Jacob." She said uncomfortably.

"Your name is Clare correct?" I questioned.

"Yes, Clare Jordan." She said.

"Why are you a rouge?" I questioned once again.

"My pack was attacked when I was 10. So 9 years ago. I was the only survivor." She responded.

"What was your rank?" I again asked another question.

"My parents were both warriors." She said. I am mates with a warrior rank? And she's a rouge?

"When is the soonest you can leave?" I asked, wanting her out of my hair as quick as possible.

"I don't know. Dr. Anderson hasn't told me." She said looking slightly sad. I couldn't bear to see her like that.

Why? It's not like I care about her. I don't want her.

"Well I have alpha business to get done so... bye." I said.

"Wait!" She shouted.

"What." I growled.

"I know your busy but, umm, do you want to watch a movie?" She asked looking hopeful and shy at the same time.

I paused for a second debating my options. I finnaly decided on one.

"No." I responded. And walked out the door.