Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

"And then we shook hands and I left because he had work and I didn't want to interrupt him." I finished explaining to Anne. We were currently in her room just talking.

"What! You didn't ask him if he wanted to do something!" She practically screamed.

"He had work to do and I didn't want to interrupt him." I repeated.

"Just a second. Hannson!" She screamed so loud I had to cover my ears.

"What? What's wrong? What happened?" Hannson rushed in seconds later, out of breath.

"Can you please take over Jacob's work so him and Clare can go do something? Please!" She begged.

He looked over at me surprised, "You guys talked?" He asked.

"Yes, just briefly and them I left so he could do his work." I explained.

Hannson started walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked, confused.

"To take over for Jacob. I'll send him here in a little bit." He said.

Before I could argue he was already out the door and walking down the hallway.

"You have to get ready!" Anne said.

"Why? I was just planning on watching a movie. What's wrong with what I have on now?" I ask looking down at my sweatpants and t-shirt.

"You need to look cute. Here, take a pair of my jeans and a cute shirt of mine!" She said shoving them in my arms.

I walk over to the bathroom and close the door. I start changing into the clothes Anne handed me.

"So what did you plan exactly? Like a Netflix and Chill session?" She questions through the door.

"Yes?" I answer not fully understanding the phrase.

"Do you know what that means?" She says. I can tell she's trying to hold in a giggle.

"Yes?" I said.

I walk out of the bathroom fully clothed.

"Then you know it means," she whispers the last part in my ear.

I jump away and look at her with a disgusted and mortified face.

"Why would anyone want to do that?" I ask feeling my face heat up.

Anne starts laughing unconcontrolebly.

"You should see your face!" She continues to laugh.

There's a knock on the door and I go over to open it.

Jacob stands in the doorway with what looks like a clean shirt and jeans and freshly combed hair.

"What are you blushing about?" He asks.

"Ummmm...." I stammer.

"Nothing!" Anne answers for me.

"Ok? Well anyway, what did you want to do Clare?" He asks looking me in the eyes.

"I was just planning on watching a movie. Unless you want to do something else." I say.

"No that sounds perfect. My room or yours?" He asks.

Before I can answer Anne butts in.

"Your room!" She says to Jacob.

"Ok." He laughs at Anne and leads me to his room.

We walk down the hall and come to a door. Jacob opens the door and motions me to walk in.

I walk in the room and the first thing I notice is that it's at least twice the size of my room. There's a huge king size bed in the middle and to the left of the bed is a small nightstand. There's a big tv on the wall, there is a door on either side of the tv. I'm guessing one leads to the bathroom and the other leads to a closet. Under the tv there's a small desk with a mirror. The far wall has a big window and a bookshelf filled with all kinds of books.

"You like my room?" Jacob questions.

"I love your room!" I answer.

"Cool." He smiles.

He walks over to the tv and picks up the remote, turning the tv on and going to Netflix and stirring down on the left side of the bed.

"You can sit down. What do you want to watch?" He asks while I sit down next to him on the bed. There's at least a foot of space between us.

"I don't care, I'm okay with anything." I said.

"Alright." He says while picking a random movie.

As the movie starts I catch Jacob moving slightly closer to me. I continue to watch the movie with my mate beside me.