Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

I woke up to the sound of breaking glass. I was hit with shards that dug into my skin and saw a figure standing in the window.

The person, which I assume is a man, was illuminated by the light so I could see the outline of his body.

I try to scramble away but end up falling out of the bed. I let out a scream as I fell to the floor and more glass did into my skin.

I hear heavy footsteps coming down the hallway and so does the mysterious man.

He looks up at the door and back down at me. He just barely whispers the words, "I'll be back Clare." And leaves without a sound.

The doors bang open but I'm in so much shock I don't seem to notice.

I smell my mates scent and it immediately calms me down.

"Are you ok? What happened?" He asked while rushing over to me.

Anne and Hannson ran in as well and were looking around.

"I'm fine. I just got cut." I responded cringing when I tried to move.

"No your not. I'm taking you to the infirmary." He said leaving no room for argument.

He scooped me up into his strong arms and walked me to the infirmary. Once we got there he gingerly set me down on the bed and Dr. Anderson walked in.

"My goddess! What happened?" She asked.

"Someone burst through my window while I was sleeping and the glass cut me. I also fell on a shard." I said.

"Well it doesn't look to bad. You'll be patched up in no time." She replied sweetly.

"Thanks." I said while she set to work.

As Dr. Anderson worked we all kept quiet, well everyone but me, whenever Dr. Anderson pulled out a shard of glass I would hiss in pain. Which would cause Jacob, who was beside me holding my hand, to squeeze my hand harder.

After about 30 minutes or so, Dr. Anderson was done pulling out all the glass and was finishing up putting bandages on the bigger cuts.

"There you go." She said when she finished.

"Thank you, again." I said.

"No problem." She replied. She looked tired. Well we had woken her up at 3 in the morning to take care of my wounds.

"Sorry we woke you." I apologized.

"It's no trouble. Your the future Luna after all." She said.

"Ok..." I felt guilty. I probably woke everyone up.

"Come on Clare." Jacob said from my side, gently.

I got up and started walking to the door. Jacob followed behind me. I was about to open the door to my room when Jacob's hand grabbed the back of my hand.

"Come on." He said.

"What? I'm going. My room is right here." I said.

"There's glass all over your room. You can stay in my room tonight. Let's go." He said turning around to leave.

I followed him, not in the mood to argue. We reached his room and went in.

I sat down on his bed and just stayed there.

"You can have the bed I'll sleep on the couch." He said picking up a pillow and a blanket.

"No, I'll sleep on the couch. It's your room." I argued.

"No. Your hurt. I'm not letting you sleep on the couch." He said, in a voice that said no arguing.

"Then we can share the bed." I suggested.

He looked shocked, but excited that I had suggested such a thing.

"Really? If it makes you uncomfortable we don't have to." He said.

"No, it's fine. Lay down." I said.

He layed down next to me. We were on the complete opposite side of the bed. I wasn't uncomfortable but I wasn't comfortable.

Eventually I relaxed and found myself falling asleep.