𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘯! 𝘦𝘭𝘵𝘰𝘯 𝘫𝘰𝘩𝘯

for amoreenaflower

drugs and swearing warning!angst/fluff!

angst/fluff!

Elton was depressed. Bulimic. An alcoholic. A drug addict and alone. He felt so incredibly alone even with all the fans and the money and his 'friends', he was lonely. He just wanted someone to care, to love, to be there for him. He loved Bernie but Bernie was shamelessly all over women and had no time for him anymore, at least that's what it felt like. The only other person who had properly cared for him is you. Right now, he was in his home in LA and you resided in San Francisco. You were a singer with fame in America whereas Elton had fame all over the world. He was so proud of you and loved you dearly but right now, he just needed you. He needed you to be here with him, for him. He wanted comfort, someone to tell him that he was worth more then just his voice or his piano playing.
Sitting up in his bed, he pulled the phone off of his side table and next to him, placing it next to his ear, he dialled your number that he had remembered through all the years, praying that you hadn't changed it. It was 4 in the morning and the likelihood of you answering was minute but to his surprise, the phone was picked up. Luckily for Elton, you had been up writing lyrics and trying to find the right melody for your new songs. You'd barely noticed the time and often worked throughout the night.

"Hello?" You answered, holding the phone between your shoulder and year, still strumming at your guitar.
"Y/N?" Elton asked, tears almost trickling down his face. He could hear the odd strum in the background and knew it was you.
"Is that you Elton?" You asked, you recognised that accent from anywhere. It still strong even if he lived in LA.
"Yes. It's me. I'm sorry to call you at this time darling but I could really use some help." He spoke, trying to word it correctly, trying not to overly worry you.
"What's wrong honey?" You asked, immediately standing up and grabbing a bag from your closet. Elton couldn't hide his emotions from you, he may have sounded fine to the naked ear but you weren't stupid, you had known Elton for years and the small cracks in his speech were enough for you to fly to LA and get to him. No matter what.
"I'm just very alone. No one cares about me, no one loves me. Not John, not my own mother. Not even Bernie."
"Bernie does love you. He's just gotten caught up in this lifestyle. He's trapped in a world of women and drugs." You replied, trying to make sense of what he was saying.

Pulling some simple clothes into the bag, you pulled some shoes on and walked out of your room, still in your robe. Running a hand through your hair, you called for your security.
Placing your hand over the receiver, you quickly told them to get the car and drive to the airport, you'd be taking the next flight to LA.
"Elton, honey. I need you to stay on the phone with me okay? You're worth so much more then just your voice and your persona. You are an incredible human being. You're loving and kind and have so much worth." You rambled, just trying to keep him content until you were able to get to him. It would only take at most 2 hours but that was enough time for him to do something very stupid.
"I think I'm going to go to sleep. Thank you Y/N." And the line went dead. Shit.

Getting off of the plane that was practically empty, you arrived in LA just before 7, the flight slightly delayed.
Walking out of the airport in some simple jeans and off the shoulder top, you slung your bag over your shoulder and got to a taxi. Telling the man where to go, halfway down Elton's street, he stopped and dropped you off. Thanking him and handing him $30, you told him to keep the change and rushed towards his house.
Walking up towards the gate, you buzzed the bell hoping to get a response.
"The John residence, how may I help?"
"I'm Y/N L/N, I'm here to see Elton."
"The Y/N L/N? What an honour, come in."
You secretly thanked the heavens that whoever answered was a fan.

The gates opened and you've never ran up stairs so fast. Knocking on the large door, a maid answered and let you in.
"Thank you. Which is Elton's room?" You asked quickly.
"The second on the right Miss." She replied, giving you a smile and walking towards what looked like the kitchen.
"Well hello Y/N. What a nice surprise." A Scottish accent rang through the house making you groan.
"Fuck off Reid." You simply replied and jogged up the stairs towards Elton's room. You had no idea what state he'd be in but you prepared for the worst.

Walking in, the smell of vomit hit you first, the state of the room, broken bottles and piles of cocaine on the tables hit you second and Elton sitting with his back to the door hunched over, sobbing hit you last.
Placing your bag on the floor, you slowly closed the door.
"John. Please leave me alone."
"Not John." You spoke as you wrapped your arms around his back, resting your head on his shoulder. He didn't smell particularly great and definitely didn't look like the old Elton but you knew he was the same. He was still a beautiful man, a good man.
"Y/N?!" He turned and began to cry, tears streaming down his face uncontrollably as he hugged you, his face in the crook of your neck, sobs racked through his body as you held him.
"You're okay. I've got you. I'm here, always." You whispered. Pressing small kisses to the side of his head as you rested upon it.

You two lay like this for a while, letting him get out his emotions, his trauma. What had happened to him, how much he drank and how much time he spent fucked up on drugs.
"I'm simply fucked Y/N. I will never ever be who you think I am. I am not worthy of your love."
"Elton. You are definitely worthy of my love, you are amazing. Now come on. Let's get you cleaned up and I'll clean up your room okay?" You offered making a small smile play at his lips.
He was weak, frail. Guiding him to the bathroom, you flushed the toilet which held old throw up and closed the lid. Sitting him on it, you removed his glasses and washed his face with a damp washcloth, softly scrubbing until he was completely fresh faced.
"Do you want a bath?" You asked as he sat looking rather childlike. Elton nodded as you began to fill the tub up.
"Stay here darling okay?" You spoke sternly but softly to which he nodded to again.
Picking up his bin, you went around his room and placed all the glass and rubbish into it, sweeping the cocaine and god knows what else off the tables into the bin as well. Sorting out the chairs in his room and making his bed, it already looked a lot better. You knew the maid would come in and vacuum anyway so you didn't bother with anything else par from opening some windows to let in some fresh air.

Walking back into the bathroom, Elton was sat fiddling with his glasses absentmindedly.
The bath was full and soapy so you stood him up and removed his robe along with his trousers. Neither of you were bothered, there were more important issues at hand then being naked in front of each other.
"Can you come in with me?" He asked, sitting down in the bath fully, the bubbles reaching his shoulders.
You nodded curtly and shut the bathroom door, locking it just for safety.
Stripping quickly, you breathed in and removed your underwear, trying to move as fat as possible and getting in the bath, opposite Elton. The bubbles reached your chin nearly, fully emerged in the water.
"This tub is huge." You spoke, Elton let out a dry laugh, "Yeah guess it is."

The silence wasn't awkward, it was rather nice being able to sit in each other's company and just look at each other.
"You've always been so beautiful Elton. Inside and out, I just wish you could see it too."
"If you stay with me, I think I could start to. I can't thank you enough for taking care of me. I love you." Elton said lovingly, holding you hand soothingly.
"I love you too. Now let's wash that hair of yours. Or at least what's left of it."
"Fuck off!"