The Rebel, The Genius And The Mad Man

-Part 3 of A Handful Of Feathers And A Custard Cream-

The sky had darkened, the glow of ships closing in on the atmosphere could be seen for a mile or so. Trees swayed and the grass whistled, wind picking up ever so slightly, the stars the only source of light within the whole field.

Romans chatter, their armour clanged, the grass squelched as their heavy foot steps connected with the dirt below. River stayed quiet, she hadn't said much since you had left the Roman camp, nor had Rory who you were sure wasn't from this century either. He had the wrong hair and spoke like it was the 2000's, maybe he came with your brother?

The moon cast a glow over the stones, illuminating them in a way that almost looked ghostly, slightly off putting if you do say so yourself. 

"Rorsters, that rock right there, nudge it and make your way down." you say pointing to the entrance and giving him a quick thumbs up which he awkwardly returned, definitely not roman, "River, fetch my brother in a minute, the ships are descending." you say sullenly, shoving your hands into your pockets and looking up to the lights getting closer to the earth.

The group of Romans surrounding you gasp at the sight, the occasional "the sky is falling" shouted from the back. You roll your eyes, only romans could be so barbaric but also so child like.

During the Romans time of wonder River had fetched the Doctor, she hands you a transmitter which you can only assume is broadcasting to all the above ships, with a smile you look up to the surveying enemies that you have encountered many times in 900 years.

"Oh look at you guys, one little transmission and its like a soccer mum at a PA meeting, not that you know what I'm on about. My sontarans in the back, yeah I see you, after our 50 year war and all that running you must have some athletic calves." you spin to face the Doctor who was face palming, he never did know how to have a laugh.

"Anyways, back to business. I found the box first and if i'm right which I always am, its the Pandorica. Now I don't want to call any of you's stupid but if one of you's think about trying to take that box out of my possession, I will kill you. So lets be smart about this, try and get it but maybe let someone else try first." you say spreading out your arms and spinning in a circle.

"Oh, also thanks for not spreading the word on my brother being alive, I would have probably killed him for you. Alas here we are, you're two biggest enemies, the on coming storm and you're  the wreckage." you say looking your brother dead in the eye, "Come and stop me," you jump off of the rock you had managed to climb up on, chucking the transmitter at the Doctor, the sound of ascending ships echoed around the field.

River runs off towards the Doctors Tardis and Rory was still down in the damp room the Pandorica called home, the Doctor goes down the passage way just after you do. You could hear Rory and Amy talking like they were old mates, well Rory was, Amy sounded tired and slightly bored. You walk over to the box, ignoring the pair in the middle and place your hand on the centre, expecting nothing to happen like the last 10 times you had done it.

But this time the circles patterns glow green, you take a step back, bumping into your brother. You both stumble but quickly regain your balance and move away from the man you were sadly related to.

Behind you, Amy and Rory had stopped talking, the soft chit chat replaced by quiet foot steps leaving the room. You turn your head, the sadness on Rory's face could have broke your hearts if you cared a little more.

"She doesn't remember me," he whispers, his eyes following Amy walk up the stairs and out into the little light there was available. The Doctor frowned, looked at the floor and began to play with his sonic.

"Thats because you never existed," he says back, you decided to ignore the rest of the conversation but couldn't help but notice the not so roman running up the stairs and after the girl.

"Listen," you say quietly, the box made a little amount of noise, just loud enough for you to realise its opening.

"I have ears you know," the Doctor grumbles back, you shake your head.

"Cant miss them, definitely cant miss the chin either." you mumble, he sighs and takes a step back from the box, sonic raised.

"Unless a cupboards coming out of there you may as well put that down." you say as you push the sonic to point down at the floor.

The doors open, light engulfs you, blinding you momentarily. When you eyes adjusted you fell to your knee's, your mind unable to process what you were seeing.

Your baby sister sits in a chair, arms bound and by the looks of it she was either asleep or just couldn't be bothered opening her eyes.

The Doctor kneels down beside you, his hand rubbing circle on your back as you boy cry. You had both thought she had died, Rachael or the Mediator as she was mainly know fluttered her eyes.

She caught a glimpse of you two on the floor, a dry sounding chuckle escaping her lips, "Are my brother and sister comforting each other, god it looks like you's have seen a ghost, oh wait you basically are. How longs it been, I can tell you, too long!" she shouts but coughs from the sudden interaction.

Your eyes widen and the Doctor looks taken back, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise that I should have known you were in a box. Isn't exactly the first place one looks but you know lets play the blame game. Anything to say (y/n)?" the Doctor says sassily.

"Yeah actually. How the hell did you manage to lose her?" the Doctor throws his hands out to the side, as if to say your targeting the wrong person here.

"You didn't have her either!" he yells back, you jump to your feet.

"Sorry, didn't realise the dead were supposed to keep tabs on the living, probably should have kept my eyes open. Just in case she ran into trouble, wasn't like anyone else could've helped her."

Rachael rolls her eyes, "Can you shut the hell up. I've been awake for a whole 2 minutes and you guys are already fighting, now I'm not a genius but is anyone else seeing a 900 year old pattern?" 

You and the Doctor ignore her and continue to bicker, she clears her throat but once again you pretend she isn't there.

"Just a moment guys, they'll be with you, as you can see their a little busy at this exact second to notice your presence." Rachael sighs and turns to a sontaran, "So, hows the weather, crazy potato dwarve?"

"Silence boy, or i'll burn you with acid. Its cloudy." he turns to Rachael, gun in hand. She just nods and leans her head back, waiting for her siblings to eventually notice every enemy they had ever made is having circle time around them.

"Hey Dalek, quick question. They joining me in here or what because I'm not going to lie to you, three is a crowd." Rachael sighs again, still (y/n) and the Doctor had notice the re-union.

"Daleks do not answer to time lords, be quiet or be exterminated!" its screams, finally catching the siblings attention.

"Could have told us they were all here, bit stupid to keep quiet." you say, throwing your arms up in exasperation.

"Yeah Rachael, really not helpful." adds the Doctor, Rachael rolls her eyes and watches every enemy of her families close in.