Chapter 55

"CHARA NARI: STONE HEART SINGER DREAM!" Teki shouted. He wore punk-style clothes, the kind that rock stars wear. His eyes were glowing red, and he had grown fangs that dripped venom. He had a green streak on his hair.

"I hate Shizuko! I hate her so much! She's ruining my life... If only she'd just disappear forever... I'd finally be accepted! I'd become a singer, like I would in my dreams!" he shouted. He glared at me. A green guitar appeared in his hands, and he struck at it. Green stuff started showering all over the place, and landed on my shirt. It sizzled, and then it melted.

"Kazu! Chara Nari!" I shouted.

She nodded. "Shizuko no kokoro: Unlock!" she shouted. "Chara Nari: Musical Rhythm!"

"Chara Nari: Friendly Angel!"

"Chara Nari: Deadly Witch!"

"Chara Nari: Magic Jack!"

"Wrecking... TUNE!" Teki shouted, striking his guitar and sending off a horrible and ear-hurting sound.

"Toxic Strike!" he shouted, taking another strike of the guitar and sending out the acid things.

"Pick a card... Any card!" Jack shouted, getting cards out of no where and throwing them at Teki.

"Knocking Beat!" he shouted, as drums appeared out of no where and he started hitting on them hard. Waves came out, knocking all of us out, including the cards that Jack threw.

"Heartbreaking Song!" he shouted, singing a sad song. The words were unclear, but the song was so sad, tears were forced to form and be shed.

"STOP!" I shouted. Teki stared at me, wide-eyed. "What the hell are you doing?!" I scolded. "Is that what you call music!?"

He glared at me. "It'll be called music once YOU stop getting in my way of becoming a singer!"

"If someone is more popular than you, you shouldn't try to eliminate them, you should try to surpass them! Tell me: Why do you sing? Why do you want to become a singer?!"

"B-Because I just do! So I can get more popular!"

"NO, YOU IDIOT!" I shouted. "NO WONDER WHY YOU CAN'T BE ACCEPTED YET!YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PUT YOUR HEART INTO YOUR SONGS! YOUR SUPPOSED TO SING FOR YOUR FANS, FOR YOUR OWN FUN, NOT FOR YOUR POPULARITY! TO SING FOR A SELFISH CAUSE LIKE THAT... YOU'LL NEVER BECOME POPULAR!"

"Y-You LIAR!" he shouted, sending out another wave of venom.

"Wrecking tune!" he shouted, ear-raping us all.

"AHHHH!" we screamed in pain and agony.

"THE PENDANT!" Ryuu shouted. "THE PENDANT FROM THE DEVIL! KISS IT!"

I nodded, and took out the pendant. I kissed it. Immediately, a blinding light flashed, and a beam hit us.

~Somewhere else...~

She walked down to the bathroom, and got into a stall. She took out the pendant that was emitting power from it. Inside the pendant, she saw Shizuko and the others getting beat up by another person.

What is that...? She asked herself, troubled. She shook her head. No time to think. Since I can't get over there, the only thing I can do is to send my power to her...

She sighed, concentrating hard before kissing the pendant. She gasped as she felt her energy drain, until she could not move and was on the floor... And passed out.

~Back to Shizuko...~

As Teki was beating us up, I felt like someone was watching us. Suddenly, I felt a surge of power, and I felt as if all my fears were gone. I felt that I had hope in defeating Teki.

"TEKI!" I shouted. "LISTEN TO ME!"

"NO!" he shouted. "Wrecking Tune!" Everyone writhed in pain as they covered their ears... Except for me.

"Harmonic Harp!" I called out.

"TEKI! THIS is what you call TRUE music! Soothing... MELODY!" I played the harp, playing this nice and soft song. The song was beautiful and sweet, the sound of an angel's song. It was a song of happiness.

Teki stared at me. "W-Why can't I ever defeat you? Why? You're always better than me at everything..." he muttered, turning into an X Egg.

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!" I shouted. "I am your rival."

"Ri... val?"

I nodded. "Yes, a rival. A rival helps you become better. Someone who makes you try harder. But a rival can also be a friend. Do you understand?"

He nodded, smiling. "I do."

"Negative Heart: Lock On!" Akumu shouted. "Open Heart Potion!"