Chapter 22

"Bye, Shizuko-chan!" Misaki shouted out cheerfully, and ran off.

"Ahem," someone behind me cleared her throat. Akumu. "You know you're supposed to go to the Royal Garden after school, right? You have loads of paperwork to do, Shizuko. As a Guardian, you have responsibilities too! Today, me and Kyo did all the dirty work. Tomorrow, you will do all the work for us, Shizuko!"

Kina rolled her eyes. "And what about Ryuu?"

"He was merely dragged behind by you."

Emi and Kina perked up. "What's this feeling?" Emi asked. "It's... like a shugo chara's presence, but... more negative."

"X egg?" I asked.

Yuko nodded. "Yep."

Kina rolled her eyes. "Let's just go already! Shizuko no kokoro: Unlock!" she shouted out.

The area around me glowed black. I humphed. Kina rolled her eyes, with her arms crossed, and she returned to her egg. Closing my eyes in disgrace, I reached for the egg, then, with one hand, I put it into my chest. My body glowed a blood red, and my hair was rearranged. My hair now covered half of my face, and a tiny bit of my hair tied into a mini side ponytail, like the way Amu does it, with a silver pin. This pin had a heart on it, and crossing the heart were two bones, forming an 'X'. The glow subsided, and my outfit was completely different. (Completely embarrassing, for that matter...) I wore a red shirt that barely covered me, revealing one shoulder and my belly. I wore a super short black skirt, with net-like leggings covering my legs, my wrists glowed red too, and then when the light faded, I wore those wrist-covering bandages that fighters often wear.(Ok, at this point, I completely gave up, cause I had no clue what the hell they were called...) I leaned on my right side, and placed my right hand on my waist. My face had an ever-present frown on it, and I leered at Akumu, looking down at her. "Chara Nari: Lovely Rebel!" I shouted. "Ryuu, let's go!"

He nodded. "Boku no kokoro: Unlock!" he shouted, and transformed. "Chara Nari: Friendly Angel!"

Akumu rolled her eyes. "Forgetting someone?"

"You want to help US?!" Emi asked in astonishment.

Akumu rolled he eyes. "Of course not. It's a Guardian's job to take care of X eggs," she muttered. "Watashi no kokoro: Unlock!" she shouted. The area around her glowed a dark purple. She rolled her eyes, and Majyo humphed. She returned to her egg, which was dark purple with a witch's pot on it. The egg went into Akumu, and her body glowed a blood red. Her hair was rearranged, and it was a bit neater, while it covered half of her face. The glow stopped, and she wore a black dress, as well as a matching pair of black hiking boots. A black witch's hat appeared above her head, and gently placed itself on Akumu's head, but it was imperfect and it lay slanted on her head. She smirked maliciously, as if planning something mischievous, and struck the same pose as I did with Lovely Rebel's transformation. "Chara Nari: Deadly Witch!"

"What are you all staring at? Let's go!" Akumu shouted, and held out her hand. A witch's broom came up, and she got on it.

"Skull Boomerang!" I shouted, and a boomerang made out of two bones that crossed each other appeared, with the point where the two bones crossed as a skull. It floated in the air in front of me, and I sat on it, crossing my legs.

Ryuu nodded, and shouted, "Follow me!" He flew off, with Akumu following him.

"Flying Nightmare!" I shouted, and the boomerang flew up, following Ryuu.

"There!" Ryuu shouted, pointing at an X egg that was flying in the park.

"Muri, muri, muri..." the X egg chanted.

"Humph!" Akumu shouted. "Demon's Bowl!" she called out, and a witch's pot appeared in front of her.(I know, it's lame, but I couldn't think up of anything else, other than Witch's Pot, with was even more lame, and obvious too...) She held out her hand, and a wooden spoon appeared in it. Muttering some words, she stirred the pot. A tiny imp-like devil submerged from the pot, chuckling. Flying out of the pot, it charged at the X egg.

"MURI!" the X egg shouted, and let out a dark energy, dissolving the devil. "MURIIIII!" It released another wave of dark energy, this time aiming at us.

"Angel's Hug!" Ryuu shouted, and his wings wrapped around me and Akumu. I felt the impact of the negative energy, and then we were released. "Wow, my wings are made outta iron or something!" Ryuu exclaimed.

The X egg hatched, and Jin's face appeared. She clamped her ears, and shut her eyes tightly. "I'm just a girl. I'll always just be a girl. I'll forever and always be that weak and worthless girl!" she shouted.

"Fight!" the X Chara shouted. "KO!" The X Chara released another wave of dark energy.

"Death Dagger!" I called out, and a red dagger appeared in my hand. "Suicidal... CUT!" I shouted, waving the dagger. A red wave formed from the dagger, and clashed with the dark waves.

"Are you stupid?!" Akumu shouted. "Jin-san, look carefully. Right now, we're not fighting against some random weakling. We're fighting against a tough opponent, one that can probably beat the crap outta us. But, if you just give up so easily, well then you really are just a worthless and weak little girl!"

Jin looked taken aback. "R-Really?!" she asked.

Akumu nodded. "Really," she assured. Muttering some more words, she mixed her pot again. After that, she pointed at the X Chara using her wooden spoon. "Negative Heart: Lock On!" she shouted, as a lavender-colored heart surrounded it. Her pot boiled, and the liquid inside turned into a lavender color, and then she shouted, "Open Heart Potion!" She flung the boiling liquid at the X Chara, and it was purified.

"Wow, that was pretty cool!" Ryuu exclaimed.

Akumu rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I guess so," she muttered, and hopped onto her broom again. "Well, I'll just be off, then. See you guys at home," she said, and zoomed off.

Ryuu looked at me. "Well? What are we waiting for?" he asked. "Let's go home already!"

I nodded. "Flying Nightmare!" I shouted, and flew up. "Let's go!" I shouted, and flew off, with Ryuu on my tail.