Chapter 4

"...And there's the art room. This is where all the artists meet up at the end of the year to help create the yearbooks. People can come visit, but if you come here, you must donate an item... sorta like a ticket," I explained.

"It seems that you really know about this place," Ryuu noticed.

I nodded. "Yep. When I'm bored, I just stay here to do something creative."

Ryuu smiled. "Haha, I think I'd like this place."

"Mhm. When I transferred here last year, my best friend who gave me a tour of this school... and then this deemed to be my favorite place to be in."

Ryuu cocked his head. "I didn't see you hanging out with anyone... Is she absent or something?"

I shook my head. "Nope. This group of people loved to bully us,and she couldn't take it anymore, and..." I stopped short as painful memories filled my mind.

"And?"

"She left me. Into another world. Heaven, I suppose... Yea, she deserves to be in heaven," I said, trying to hold back my tears.

Ryuu looked at me, noticing that I was on verge of tears. "D-Don't cry... I didn't mean to pry. I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean it..."

"I really looked up to her. She was like... my idol. My star."

Ryuu looked away, with a shade of pink forming on his cheeks. Then, without warning, he wrapped his arms around me. "I-it's ok... I'm sure she would've been proud of you to be making helping me... right? Anyways, it's ok. I'm gonna be here for you. Forever and always."

My eyes widened. "Y-yea... Thank you," I said, returning the hug. "You're a really good person, you know... it's just that you have a hard time showing your inner self, isn't it?"

He nodded. "Yea," he murmured. "WHAT THE-?!" Quickly, he pushed himself away from me.

I cocked my head. "Is there something wrong?"

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!"

"Calm down, calm down. What the hell was what?"

"THAT! I just... acted without my own will."

I nodded. "Lemme guess: you heard someone say 'chara change!' before you lost control of your body."

He nodded. "H-how did you know?"

I smiled. "I know how you feel. That happened to me a lot today."

Emi flew out of my bag, and shouted, "~HELLOO THERE! MY NAME IS EMI!~"

Ryuu's eyes widened, and he fell back. "W-what the hell is that?!"

"Emi, stop. You're scaring him. Let me do the explaining," I ordered.

Emi looked at me, with puppy-eyes. "AWWW... PLEASEEEE?"

I tried looking away from those irresistibly adorable eyes, but it didn't work. "Fine," I said, giving in. "Ryuu, don't get freaked out, though."

"~I am a shugo chara! A shugo chara is basically a guardian character for a person. Each and every person has a heart's egg, and then that's where we are born from. An individual's egg is formed when one's dreams are strong and powerful enough. If you don't believe in us, or the dreams that made us, then we'll disappear... So NEVER give up on your dream," Emi explained. "Anyways, back to what just happened. That is what you would call a 'chara change.' This is when an individual acts like his or her shugo chara... or the person they want to be... It can happen when the shugo chara itself want to or when the owner of the shugo chara wants to."

I nodded. "Yup."

He nodded, processing the information. "I see..."

*realization in three... two... one.*

"WAIT A SECOND! THAT MEANS THAT I HAVE A SHUGO CHARA TOO!" he shouted.

I flinched. "Shh, not so loud, if I loose my ears, then you're paying for the medical bills," I said. "Back to the point: yes, that's exactly why you chara changed. You have a shugo chara... Whether or not you've realized it yet."

Emi nodded. "Yep! You know, I think he wants to introduce himself to you..." she said, pointing at the window.

There, banging on the closed window was a shugo chara. His eyes sparkled bright green, screaming that he was the happy and friendly type of person. He had on a blue smiley-face shirt, similar to the one Emi was wearing. He also wore a pair of blue shorts, and had a huge grin on his face.

I ran over the the window and opened it, and in flew the shugo chara.

"Hey there!" it said, smiling and waving. "I'm Yuko, Ryuu's shugo chara! Nice to meet ya'll!"

Emi smiled, a tint of pink showing on her cheeks. "Hi there! I'm Emi, and I'm Shizuko's shugo chara!" she announced, pointing at me.

I smiled, and waved. "Hey there."

"Hi! God, I love making new friends! I wanna have even MORE friends!" Yuko announced.

"You will soon. I have three younger sisters waiting to be hatched!"

Yuko's eyes widened. "Really?!" he said in astonishment. "Wow... that means that your owner has... FOUR shugo charas! That's a LOT!"

Emi smiled. "Yep! I know right! Shizuko's the best!"

"Uhm... Emi?" I interrupted.

Emi turned her attention towards me. "Yes?"

"It's time to go... any later and mother will yell at me."

With a bunch of "AWWW's" and "NOOOO's" and "PLEASE, JUST A LITTLE LONGER's," I finally pulled her away from Yuko, only to hear Ryuu say this: "Well, we COULD walk together, I mean... we both live near Seiyo Elementary, right?"

"YAYYYY!" Emi shouted, a huge grin plastered on her face. "MORE TIME WITH YUKO, MORE TIME WITH YUKO, MORE TIME WITH YUKO!~" she sang merrily, holding onto Yuko's hand.

I rolled my eyes. "Getting overexcited, aren't we?"

Emi shook her head vigorously, with her face flushed pure red. "NONONONONONONONONONO, NOT AT ALL!" she denied.

I chuckled, amused. "Well then, let's go."

"LALALALALA! YAY! WALKING HOME WITH YUKO, WALKING HOME WITH YUKO!~"

-------------------------------------

Lol, Emi and Yuko are such a cute couple... with matching personalities... and outfits, too!

Well then, hope you liked this chapter, and I'm off to school now!

Ughh... (That was me moaning... :P)