Chapter 45

~In no one's POV...~

"Why did you call me out? You know I'm busy with my next plan, right?" the boy asked, clearly annoyed.

"Do you think it's ok to make use of Akumu?" the girl asked.

The boy raised an eyebrow. "How so?"

She chuckled. "So that she can become my apprentice and learn how to make venom eggs."

He shook his head. "No way. Akumu's been part of the Guardians the longest. Her loyalty belongs to the Guardians, no matter how much she hates the other Guardians."

She rolled her eyes. "Of course you had to just mess up my master plan..." she muttered, irritated that once again he had won. "How about I join the Guardians?"

He shook his head. "No way. That would just give us away when they find out that you're actually just a spy."

She pouted. "It's not fair! You get all the fun and I just sit there doing nothing!"

He rolled his eyes. "Because I'm a higher class than you are," he muttered. "Well, at least you don't have to stick with Plan X."

Her eyes widened. "Plan X?! Are you serious?!" she screeched. "You can't do that! You can't go to desperate measures!"

He smirked. "Someone's getting jealous."

She stomped her foot angrily. "Shut up!" she snarled, then looked away, sighing. "You can't do that, though."

"Just bear with me. Boss is getting impatient. She wants Shizuko right now."

"What are the Boss's true intentions?" she asked.

He hesitated for a second. "The Embryo," he stated simply. "The Boss thinks that Shizuko is able to draw out the Embryo."

She rolled her eyes. "Why is the Boss so obsessed with getting the Embryo?"

He shrugged. "Dunno," he said, then remember something important. "Did you get any information about the Devil?"

"Nope. She sure is a nuisance, butting into our plans and then leaving no tracks of herself..." she growled.

"She's a clever one," he sneered, then looked as if he had a brilliant plan. "You're always complaining about never getting the fun, right?"

She raised an eyebrow. "I'm listen'..."

"How about you create a stronger venom snake, and then luring the Devil, then you come and reveal her identity?"

"You do realize that creating a stronger venom snake would be harder than creating a normal one and it'll take some time to find the perfect material for it, right?"

He smirked. "You've got all the time in the world: What's the rush?"