Chapter 11

The X eggs floated above Ryuu, and together they chanted, "Muri, muri, muri."

Shizuko fell to the floor, unconscious. The maid looked at her incredulously and hissed, "I know that you stupid idiot of a girl is just playing dead. You have no health problems what so ever so there's no reason for you to just faint like that. Anyways, your act is way too fake. Only an idiot would believe that you fainted."

Ryuu walked out of the closet slowly, and lightly touched her forehead. Caretaker-san had taught him what to do if someone was unconscious like she was. His hand traveled down to her wrist, checking her pulse. It was slower than it should've been. "Clearly this is not a fake," he announced, looking right into the maid's eyes. "If this was a fake, then her head temperature would be a few degrees lower and her pulse would be faster... She had dropped out cold."

The maid narrowed her eyes at him. "How long have you known her?"

"For a month or so."

"Well then let me tell you something: you know nothing about Shizuko. She is perfectly fine and that's that. If I were you, I'd stay far, far away from her."

"But you're not me. Anyways, you don't know Shizuko the slightest bit. Have you ever thought about the pain that she bottled up inside of her? No, I didn't think so. It's YOU who doesn't know anything about Shizuko, not m-"

"Ryuu!" Yuko shouted. "Look!"

Ryuu turned around, just in time to see the X eggs hatch. Out came Emi, Kina, Kazu, and Aya. "They're back."

Yuko shook his head. "No, it's not them! Their presence is similar, but not quite right! There's a dark and negative energy comic from them!"

Ryuu squinted at them, paying closer attention to the shugo charas.

Ryuu saw that Yuko was correct. They were slightly different. Emi's shirt, instead of a smiley face, there was a sad face instead. There was a big, fat X on it. Her wings were drooping, and the familiar glow of merriness was gone. Her eyes formed tears, and she had a frown in her face. Kina looked just about the same, except for the makeup on her face, with mascara all over her eyes, making her look creepy. On her shirt there was another X. Kazu and Aya looked the same, except the X marked on their outfits. They all seemed to have lost their life, as well as their consciousness. Their eyes didn't have a shine, and it looked as if they were being manipulated.

They all turned to Shizuko. "You promised," X Emi whispered, tears spilling out. "And you lied. No one would ever believe you now. Everyone you have come to love the most will hate you."

"You never believed in us in the first place. Our suffering is yours. You might as well die in hell," X Kina hissed, mascara becoming even more ruined.

"We only just met. Yet you let go of us like that. Have you got no shame? No wonder why you have so little friends. We will torture you, as you deserve it," X Kazu and X Aya chanted simultaneously.

Shizuko's face appeared above them all, and it wasn't a pleasant one. Her face was plastered with pain all over, and her hands clamped her ears, shaking her head." I deserve it. I deserve to die and burn in the flames of hell!" then her face faded away.

X Emi flew up. "Shizuko no kokoro: Unlock," she said in a sad, mourning voice. Ryuu watched in astonishment as Shizuko's limp body flew up, and glowed a dark purple. When the light faded, he saw that Shizuko looked completely different. Her hair was pulled back into two high ponytails using two sad face hairbands. She wore a purple t-shirt with a blue sad face with an X on it. She also wore a purple skirt, followed with matching purple knee-length socks, with purple flats. She also had a small pair of gray wings, which were drooping. "Chara Nari: X Angel."

"Arrow of Sadness," X Emi ordered, and immediately, a bow appeared in Shizuko's hand. The arrow, which was placed neatly on the bow, was a bit different than normal bows. Where he point should've been was a sad face. "Fire the arrow, Shizuko. Fire it at the petty maid. She deserves to understand your sadness."

Shizuko, whose body was still limp and lifeless, aimed the bow at the maid. "Painful Shot," X Emi muttered, as Shizuko released the arrow.

The maid, who was frozen in horror, got hit. With a gasp, she landed on the floor with a thump. She was twitching in pain, and tears poured out of her eyes. But these were not normal tears.

Those are tears of blood! Ryuu realized in horror. Holy mother of Jesus... "Yuko!" he shouted. "Get the maid outta here. I'll cover for you!"

"See, Shizuko?" X Emi said smugly. "Ryuu knows. He knows you lied. He hates you now. That's why he's covering for the damned maid, who caused you so much pain... Attack, Shizuko. Don't let the maid escape."

Shizuko's face appeared again, with the same expression. "Ryuu hates me. My only friends hate me. I might as well die!"

"That's not true!" Ryuu shouted. Shizuko looked taken aback. "Do you not see the maid!? Yes, I know she did horrible things to you, but she didn't deserve to be spilling tears of her own blood!"

"That's right..." Shizuko's face softened. Her limp body fell down, and her little transformation was undone.

"Damn you," X Emi growled. "I was able to control Shizuko perfectly fine a second ago... Never mind that. I won't let that stupid old hag escape. I'm not wasting any more precious time. Death Ribbon." A dark purple ribbon appeared in her hand. She threw it, and it wrapped itself tightly around the maid, squeezing her. Veins popped out of her forehead, as Ryuu stared at her in disgust.

"STOP! If you're gonna hurt someone, hurt me."

X Emi rolled her eyes. "Fine then. Kina, your turn to play. Have fun! Me, Kazu, and Aya will take care of the maid... Just pay attention to Ryuu over here."

X Kina smirked. "This is gonna be fun," she muttered. She turned to Ryuu and chuckled. "Kukuku... You'll LOVE what I have in store for you... X Dagger!" A sharp, purple dagger appeared in her hand, and on the hilt was an X mark. "Death Cut," Kina announced, charging at Ryuu. She tried stabbing him, but Ryuu dodged it just in time. As penalty, though, he fell to the ground, stumbling down the stairs.

The impact killed his back. He whimpered in pain.. It seems as if he broke his backbone. X Kina flew down, ready to stab him. As her dagger rushed down on him, he rolled away, in attempt to dodge the hit again. But, his pain worsened, making his reflexes slower. She managed to get his shoulder. He roared in pain.

"Kukuku... This time, I'll make sure that I won't miss. Death Cut." X Kina slowly moved the dagger upwards, ready to stab him.

Ryuu clamped his eyes shut. "This is the end, I guess," he muttered weakly. "It was nice meeting you, Shizuko, Emi, Kina, Kazu, and Aya. Even if you're the last few people I'll ever see, even if you all are the reason behind my death, I just want to say... You've made my life a lot more interesting than it used to be... Thank you."