Chapter 20

Jean's POV
"Eren! Wake up~!" I sat on his bed with my legs crossed, eagerly shaking him to get up. He turned and looked at me in confusion, groaning as he did so.

"What is it?"

"Guess what today is!"

"It's our day off school, meaning I should still be asleep right now..."

Rolling my eyes, I pulled him up so he was sitting with me and threw my arms up in the air enthusiastically. "It's Halloween!" I cheered, grinning like an idiot.

Eren groaned again, shoving his face into his hands and shaking his head. "hooray" he mumbled sarcastically.

I pulled his hands away from his face and raised my eyebrows in surprise. "What? You don't like Halloween?"

"No," he answered bluntly.

My jaw dropped automatically, "What? How?"

He rolled his eyes and freed himself from my grasp. "Mikasa always wants me to go to parties with her and Armin forces me to go trick or treating with six year old's. Also, I'm a fucking wimp so going out at night and being surrounded by idiots isn't really my thing. Oh, and I hate children."

I laughed slightly and rubbed the top of his head, "You're a child, too! Besides, you're with me this year. We can spend tonight together."

Eren scratched the back of his head and shook his head again, "clearly you don't know Mikasa that well. She will literally drag me out of the house to hang out with her if she has to."

I frowned slightly, knowing that there's no way his sister would let me spend to night with Eren if she was there. "Just say you want to stay with me, then. Unless you want to spend it with her."

"Jean, of course I want to be with you, but she's not going to let me."

I bit down on my lip, feeling that he didn't even want to hang out with me. Maybe he doesn't. "I can ask her. Please, Eren. I really want to spend tonight with you." 

He looked away, mumbling "you can ask her now, then" as we heard the front door shut. Mikasa immediately started calling out for Eren and running up the stairs but stopped in her tracks when she opened the door and saw me. I moved my hand to Eren's and looked up at her, "hey Mikasa."

Mikasa's POV

Anger rushed inside me when I saw Jean in Eren's room. On his Bed, as well. What if they... Forget it, I'll just ignore him for now. I turned my gaze to Eren and relaxed slightly, "Hiya, Eren!"

"Hello," he said quietly.

I walked over to him and sat on the edge of his bed. "Guess what! Armin's gone on Holiday with his aunt, so it'll just be us two tonight. No babysitting kids either." I giggled slightly, elbowing him in his side. How come Jean gets to date him? It's not fair, he should be mine.

What? It's not like we're really related, I'm only his adoptive sister. It's legal.

Jean's POV

Is she flirting with Eren? Whatever, her feelings aren't my business. He's my boyfriend so she doesn't have a chance. I rolled my eyes before speaking up, "Mikasa, I was wondering if I could maybe be with Eren tonight?"

She kept her eyes on Eren, refusing to look at me. "Aww, but Eren and I always spend Halloween together. You're always with him nowadays, why not let have some time with him?" She asked in a higher pitched voice then usual before turning to face me.

"Then can't we all hang out together?"

"No way," she muttered. She returned her smile and turned back to Eren, "I mean, I thought it would be nice to just do stuff as a brother and sister. You understand that, right?"

I'm not really sure who she was asking, so I decided to just let Eren talk. If he wants to be with his sister then he can be with his damn sister. It's his choice.

He looked over at me nervously when he realized I wasn't saying anymore.  "W- well I... Why don't I hang out with Mikasa until midnight and then we can spend the rest of the night together?"

Mikasa's face beamed and she wrapped her arms around him, squealing. I was going to protest but put on a smile instead. "Sure."

"Does that mean we can hang out for the rest of the day?"

Eren bit on his lip, waiting for me to give permission. "Sure, you guys have fun! I'll see you at midnight, Eren." I gave him a quick kiss on his forehead and walked out, trying not to worry about them being alone together. I swear if Mikasa tries to make out with him or something...