Chapter 4

Jean started to panic the next day at school when he was unable to find Eren. He couldn't find him after detention yesterday and was worried he fucked everything up. When He did find Eren, he just ignored him and Mikasa was there so there wasn't really much Jean could do.

After school when the last bell rang Jean quickly ran out of the school doors and ran up to Eren who was now alone. "Eren!" He called. No answer, not even when he'd caught up and was walking right beside him. The silent treatment, great.

"Eren, look I'm sorry about yesterday I just don't know what came over me. Eren? I'm sorry, okay? Eren!" He grabbed the boy's arm and turned him so they were facing each other. "Look, I-"

"Just leave me alone! I don't want to hear it. You're not sorry, you don't give two shits about me. You just shoved me away like I was nothing! You know everybody hates me anyway so congratulations for making it ten times worse."

"Eren I know I fucked up, okay? Please forgive me."

"Forgive you! Jean, you completely humiliated me!" He was starting to cry now, and Jean felt terrible.

"Eren, please. Oh god, don't cry." He wrapped his arms around Eren, who was too upset to push him away. "I'm sorry, I just freaked out. There must be something I can do. Please, I'll do anything."

Eren didn't say anything, he just sobbed pathetically against Jean's chest. Jean hummed softly and ran his fingers through Eren's hair in an attempt to soothe him.

"J-jus-s-st pr- romise you won't embarrass me like th-tha-at eve-er again"

"Of course. I promise"

"A-and" Eren bit his lip from uncertainty, " b-be my boyfriend?"

"Of course, Eren. Thank you."