Chapter 13

Eren's POV

I hurried into the swimming trunks, making sure Jean couldn't accidentally walk in on me naked. Looking over at the mirror, I wrapped my arms around myself and chewed on my lip nervously. It's not that I don't like my body, I mean I have a six pack and whatever, but it just felt so awkward. I was practically naked for crying out loud. At least Jean didn't make me wear a speedo.

Jean's arms wrapped around me and I jumped slightly when I saw him in the mirror. I didn't even hear him come in the room.

"Staring at yourself in the mirror, are you? So vain. Not like I blame you though, you're so damn hot-"

"Jean!" My cheeks turned bright pink and I quickly shrugged him off.

"Eren!" He mimicked, laughing slightly. Before i could have time to get annoyed, Jean quickly grabbed my hand and started dragging me out of his room and back down the stairs. "Come on, Jaeger. Let's go swimming!"

I gulped loudly as I looked over at the ocean. Oh god, why did I agree to this. My heart was pounding in my chest and I was finding it hard to breathe. Oh god, oh god, oh god...

"Hey, Eren. You don't have to do this. Not if you don't want to."

"I..." Damn it. Why am I being such a coward, it's just water after all. I won't drown, not if Jean's here with me. I took a deep breath, "no. I want to do it, teach me."

He nodded and gave my hand a squeeze before walking me other to the sea. We walked in together until I was knee deep, it was cold but that was nice considering how hot the weather is. I stopped moving when the water reached my hips, a shiver ran down my spine and I felt kind of sick.

Jean looked at me questioningly and a shook my head at him. After a deep breath I continued to walk until the water came up to my ribs.

"Alright, You're going to lay on your back. Don't worry, I'm right here with you."

I nodded and let my legs float up so I was lying on my back. My breathing increased and I quickly reached out and grabbed onto Jean, who was watching me observently.

"Relax, Eren. You're fine. Just take a few deep breaths." He moved his hands so they were resting on my shoulders and I did as he said, resting my eyes as I caught my breath. "Good. Now, I'm going to move you so you'll be in an area that's deeper. Just keep your body relaxed."

He carefully pulled me by the shoulders a few more meters in, and when I opened my eyes I noticed the water was up to his neck. Oh god.

"Okay, I'm going to keep ahold of you so just kick your legs..."

--------------

It took an hour and a half but I could finally swim. Maybe it wouldn't have taken so long if I hadn't kept panicking every five minutes. Whatever, I'm fine now. In fact it's actually quite fun.

"Hey, Eren!"

"Yeah- EEK!" Cold water splashed on my face and Jean was laughing like a bloody maniac. "Asshole!" I splashed some water back at him, which made him splash some back at me, and before I knew it we were both screaming and laughing hysterically as we exchanged splashes to the face.

[A/N]

Hey guys! First authors note, I'd like to thank all of you for the views and the votes and the comments. I love writing this and I'm glad to hear that many of you love reading it. I'm sorry all of the chapters have been so short, I'm not the best at writing long sections. Hopefully you're enjoying it so far, there are plenty more chapters on there way! I should be posting every day and I'll try to make sure to make the chapters longer. Again, thank you so much!