Chapter 8

As they walked into school, more than just a few people were staring at them. Lots of them were girls, most likely disappointed as Jean was one of the most popular guys at school. The other's were either laughing or whispering, and Eren could feel the blood flow rushing to his cheeks.

Jean didn't really care about the attention, or at least not until he saw how nervous Eren was. He looked around before quickly pulling the brunette around a corner for a little more privacy. "You okay?"

"E-everyone's looking at us..." He mumbled

Jean put his arms around the other's waist, "bit of an exaggeration there, Eren"

"B-but... What about Annie? Or Connie? Or-"

"So what? What are they gonna do?"

"Gee, I dunno. Maybe beat me up?"

"Eren..." Jean pulled him closer and hugged him tightly, "nobody is going to even touch you, alright? They'll have me to deal with if they do." He held onto his shoulders, looking him dead in the eye. "Alright?"

He nodded, keeping his arms loosely at his sides. Eren was very... Sensitive, to say the least. He couldn't stand getting attention and always felt really self concious. He used to be more confident, but not so much now. Hell, he can barely get out a comeback anymore.

Jean nodded back, giving him a smile. The bell went and after a quick kiss the two walked hand in hand over to home room.