Chapter 19

(unedited)

Bikers, Chains and Bad Boys: Chapter 19

The town fair was booming when we arrived. Tyson had suggested we ride together, so I slid carefully off the back of his sleek black Triumph. The bright lights made my eyes water for a moment before they adjusted and the sound of laughter filled the air as people strolled through the fair, clambering on and off the large rides. A little girl squealed as a game operator handed her a stuffed pink bear. I smiled as she hugged it to her chest and spun around, a huge smile on her face.

"We're attempting to get Paul laid." Corey smiled humorously as we strolled up to them a few minutes later. My brows shot up in surprise and I laughed at the scowl on Paul's face.

"Ooh," I scanned the area around us, looking for any potential. "I'm game." Paul rolled his eyes and Tyson chuckled, bumping his shoulder.

"You don't have to be so shy about losing your virginity, dude." I swung my head around to look at them so quickly, I heard my neck pop. My jaw fell and my lips parted in surprise, until Paul glared at Tyson and shoved him roughly away from him.

"I'm not a fucking virgin, asshole." Tyson laughed.

"You don't have to get all butthurt about it, man. It's nothing to be ashamed of!" He continued. Paul tossed his drink down to the ground next to him and charged at Tyson. My eyes widened in shock and I went to take a step forward, but Corey grabbed my arm and held me back.

"It's alright." He smiled at the two boys who'd fallen to the ground as they wrestled, causing a few adults that got bumped into to scowl at them and shuffle away. Tyson laughed loudly as Paul shouted things at him, throwing a few punches at his stomach. I could tell they didn't hurt as Tyson kept up his raucous laughter.

A few hours later, I was taunting Tyson about the same ball game I'd seen Dustin getting scammed on at the Independence Day parade. I laughed as, for the seventh time, he missed and only took down the top bottle.

"I told you; you're wasting your money. It's rigged!"

"And I told you I'm not going to let some little game best me! I'll show you, just watch!" He huffed. I laughed at his stubbornness and tossed my hands up in surrender. As he slid another five dollars to the attendant, I scanned the area curiously. Dustin was up against the French fry truck, talking to a pretty girl who seemed quite interested. Corey and Paul were battling against each other at the hook-a-ring booth. Jeb and Rachel were standing in line for the Ferris wheel.

I was glad all my friends were having fun. I continued scanning the crowds as Tyson missed for the umpteenth time. My smile slowly slipped from my face, though, as I realized someone was staring at us. Not us, but me. Then, I frowned, realizing there were multiple people staring—watching.

"Tyson." I said quietly, but he couldn't hear me over the tinny game music coming from the speaker above our heads. I tugged on his shirt, starting to panic as the people all seemed to move simultaneously, heading toward us. "Tyson." I said louder, as I grabbed his arm and shook him. He finally looked at me, then to the men currently striding our way.

What? Did they think they could just casually walk up and invite me into their van and I would just calmly accept being adult-napped? My mind raced as I turned my head back and forth, scanning the fairgrounds. They were coming from multiple directions. My heart began to race in my chest as the first ones I'd seen made it through the small crowd of people and were only fifty or so feet away now. So, I did the first thing that came to mind; I grabbed Tyson's hand and took off between the booths.