Jace

I climbed the few stairs in my mom's house to get into my old bedroom. I was entirely too tired to drive home. I was never this tired after sex. I had gone rounds with Skai and came home to Corbin and still wasn't that warn out. I fell into the bed and stared at the ceiling. Who was Taylor? Why was she in my life? I already had the one for me. No one was going to be as special as Corbin. But Taylor could fuck...Oh my God. I began to laugh a little as I turned over.

I awoke the next morning and I was still yawning and I had bags under my eyes. I hadn't slept that hard and soundly since Raina's birth. I sat on the edge of the bed yawning more, staring at my phone. I had usual text from Skai and Corbin, but I was shocked that Taylor hadn't texted. Maybe she was still sleeping. I looked at the time, and it was almost noon. My girl was going to scream her head off about me not coming home but I was at my mom's not with some girl so she should calm herself.

I got into the shower and brushed my teeth as my phone rang and rang. I was going to call Corbin when I left the bank. I came out of the bathroom and heard my mother talking lowly. I could feel Corbin's presence. She and I were pretty close and I could just feel when she was near. Not to mention I could hear my baby girl cooing.

"I'm sick of this." Corbin said crying. Why was she crying I told her where I was and I was here. I heard my mother comforting her.

"It's ok. He loves you. If you two were to part it would be your decision. He tells me all the time, he's where he wants to be." My mom said. I smiled. I could not have said it any better myself.

"Why didn't he answer the phone? He could have said something. A text." She said.

"You just love him and wanna know he's safe. I get it." My mom said. I could tell she was about to start running my name through the mud. She was always comparing me to my dad. I didn't know him. But apparently, he and I were one in the same. "Between me and you Jace did leave again last night. I don't know where he went. But he went to the party and came back around 9, and then like 30 minutes later he left again. He came back at almost midnight." My mother said lowly. I rolled my eyes. How could she sell me out? I was her son. They always ganged up on me and bashed me.

I didn't mind Corbin standing up for herself, but it was annoying because I lied to her frequently and I always, always had to apologize for things that weren't even true. I mean I would be busted but I did so much shit that it was impossible for Corbin to know the truth. She didn't need to find out.

I went into the kitchen.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked sitting at the table. I stared up at my mother with an attitude. But I quickly smiled at Corbin. My mother walked away, claiming she was going to leave us alone and let us figure out on our own but she had just poisoned the shit out of this situation.

"Where were you last night? Don't lie to me Jace." I dropped my head.

"Was it another girl?" she asked.

"No, I went to a going away party." I started to say.

"Don't give me those rehearsed ass lines." She snapped.

"I'm giving you the truth if you calm down." I said meanly.

"What is it?"

"I got high with the guys from kitchen, and I had some really strong drinks at the party." I said calmly. I could see relief on her face. Good I was tuning her out from here on out. I kissed her pretty face and picked up my daughter.