nineteen: oh brother

Magsimula sa umpisa

I woke up around 11, then took care of my hygiene routine. I pulled my hair into the best bun I could possibly do and threw on whatever clothes I could find in my mom's drawers that could fit me. We weren't exactly the same size, but we were close. I was lucky enough to find myself some jeans and a regular long-sleeved top to sport for the day.

I order myself an Uber as I locked up, my clothes from last night under my arm. The driver pulled up at the front entrance and I hopped inside, verifying who I was. We drove through unnecessary LA traffic until I finally pulled up at Ang's salon.

I called Egypt once more, after him ignoring my many attempts last night. He unfortunately sent me to voicemail.

"I can't believe you're backing out already." She said, the moment she saw me.

"Long story. Very long story." I took a seat in the waiting area, noticing that she already had someone in her chair. There was a divider blocking the way so I couldn't see if it was any of the girls that I would talk to when I came here. Quite frankly I didn't care, because I wasn't really in the socializing mood.

"Let me just finish her up, then I got you."

"No problem." I reclined back, waving at the rest of the staff, before taking out my phone to kill the time.

"So back to what you were saying?" Ang prompted the girl. "My condolences by the way."

"No worries, I mean the baby was only 4 weeks at most. It was a painful experience to go through, but I believed everything happened for a reason."

"And you weren't upset with God or anything? I've heard many stories of people blaming him in situations like this."

"Not entirely." She shrugged, "I felt as though God knew best. I'm currently torn between two men right now and to be quite frank, I didn't know whose it was" my brow raised, and I tried my best to glance over the divider. I opted against it; it truly wasn't my business; I thought to myself before looking back down at my phone.

"Now that right there... is some tea!"

"My life is a walking drama series; I try my best not to even talk about it out loud because that's when I realize how much of a mess I actually am." She laughed, "but who would I be if I didn't put my hairstylist on game?"

"I know that's right. This chair always becomes a place for people to just vent. I should start charging extra for sessions."

"You should!"

"May I ask; Why you're so torn?"

"On one hand... you got the good guy; amazing, well educated, he's a dreamer, very supportive, takes care of me, knows how to pleaseeee a woman and please her good. Then on the other hand, you got the one that's already got it together, successful, charming, street savvy, respected, confident, motivated, a MAN's man, my first love, and yes, he too, knows how to please a woman."

"As good as guy number one?"

"Mmm, not as good, but good enough for me to be content."

"Ah, I see." Ang sighed, "I genuinely don't even know what to say... this is a tough one. I mean, I want to do the right thing and say to stick with the good guy, but I feel that if he was a good guy to begin with... you wouldn't have stepped out. clearly there's something missing that he can't provide for you. Not to mention if you've already gone this far... you've already made up your mind."

"Oh no doubt, guy number two all the way. We're going to have a future together, we plan to break the news to our partners very soon and then we can go on our merry way, finally being with each other."