Chapter 10

*Alana pov*

It's been a couple of days since me and Hayes had that argument, he still hasn't apologized.

What he said was just uncalled for, why did he flip like that?

Anyway today I'm going penny boarding around the area, so I can get to know it better.

I looked over at my phone and the time was 12.10pm so I decided to get ready.

I decided to not have a shower so I can get ready quicker.

I went in my closet and decided on a pair of mom shorts and the jungle type top I got when I was with hayes. I also added a black belt that wasn't too skinny and wasn't too thick. I paired it with nike socks and my white nike air forces.

I went into my bathroom and brushed my teeth and hair. My hair looked quite nice natural today so I decided to leave it how it was. I added some mascara, put my white zip hoodie on  and left, taking my bright pink penny board with me obviously.

I decided to just ride around a couple blocks until I found a smoothie or frozen yogurt shop or something.

I road around for about ten minutes until I got to a pinkberrie. I walked inside and ordered a strawberry yogurt with a range of berries and fruit on it. I decided to sit down and eat it so I chose a seat right by the window. 

I was on my phone when I heard the bell ring notifying that a new customer walked in. I looked up to see Hayes and some other boys.

He was with two other boys, one was blonde with green eyes and rather tall. He was okay looking. The other one had jet black hair and hazel/green eyes. His jawline could cut you. He was gorgeous. 

I acted as if I didn't see him and carried on scrolling through my phone and eating my froyo.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw them order then walk my way. I had sat at a table with four chairs which was obviously a mistake. 

They all came and sat at my table, I just ignored them.

Lucky I finished my froyo and started to get up until Hayes grabbed my arm.

"Get off me" I said trying to make him loosen his grip but it only got tighter.

"I need to talk to you"

"About what, that slut who you replaced me with or how you don't want me in North Carolina." As I said this he let go. I picked up my penny board and left.

I skated as quick as I could down the road. Just as I reached my block I felt a stone or something get caught in the wheel of my penny board. I went flying in the air and landed on my arm.

I winced in pain, trying not to cry. I managed to sit up, which made me feel kinda dizzy. I looked at my legs and only had a few cuts and bruises. I got up and grabbed my penny board with the arm that didn't hurt. I ran as quick as I could to my house and knocked on the door.

My mum opened the door and smiled until she realized I was crying. She saw my arm and froze, I was too scared to look.

Daisy was at the Grier's so my mum grabbed her purse and we got into the car. As we were driving to the hospital she asked me what happened.

"Hayes showed up at pink berrie but i didn't wanna talk to him so I left and I was just skating home and I guess something got caught in my wheel and I went flying and landed on my arm." I managed to get this out through the tears which was a shock. 

I normally never cry but this time it was really bad.

We got to the hospital and I was taken to get an x-ray.