Home

"So," Steve cautiously spoke to Taylor later that evening. "In order to fix us... I think we might need to work on fixing.... you..."

Taylor's first instinct was to be offended and to start defending herself, but she bit her tongue and waited for a moment to think.

"That... wouldn't be the worst idea," she admitted.

Steve examined her facial expression to try to read her feelings before suggesting, "Maybe a good starting place would be... seeing your family? They miss you so much, and I know you miss them."

Taylor's eyebrows knit together. Everything was so complicated. And she'd already been away from them for well over a week. Why would they accept her back?

Steve took Taylor's hand. "Stop worrying so much. I can literally see it on your face... they're going to be fine with it, I promise. They don't have the answers either, but they'll be able to help."

Taylor thought for a moment longer, and then nodded. She would agree to meet with her family again.

~~~~~~
~~
~~~~~~

"So, Ashley," Tony said before giving her a goodnight kiss. "How would you feel about seeing Taylor?"

Even after a week of recovering, Ashley's voice was hoarse. "Are you serious???"

Tony hesitated, unsure if she was happy or angry. "Steve called and asked if we all wanted to meet for lunch tomorrow. Nothing too big for either you or her..."

Ashley started tearing up. "I-" she couldn't finish her sentence.

"Oh, Ashley, it's okay if you don't think you're ready yet..." Tony said softly.

Ashley gained control of herself. "No, dad, I- I miss her so much, of course I want to see her! I just didn't think she'd be ready so soon. This is awesome."

Tony shortly sighed from relief. "Oh thank goodness, I was worried for a second there. Alright, well, you get some sleep and we will meet her for lunch tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~

Taylor's legs bounced uncontrollably under the table. Steve, who noticed her nerves, took her hand in his own and kissed it.

"Relax, Tay. They're just meeting us for lunch. No biggie."

Taykor sighed, trying to calm herself. "I know, it's just... I don't know how they're going to react..."

"It's gonna be just fine," steve said as he kissed her head.

The door to the diner opened with a tinkling sound. Taylor saw Tony, Ziva, and Ashley enter. Ziva, who hadn't even been home at the time of the incident, ran over to Taylor immediately and hugged her.

Taylor's worried melted as soon as she was in her mother's arms. The week of not seeing her family suddenly disappeared, and it was like she'd never ignored them.

Ziva leaned back, still hugging Taylor with her arms, to examine her. Taylor could see tears brimming her eyes.  "NEVER ignore me like that again."

Taylor laughed a little and wiped away the start of her own tears. "I'm sorry, Mom..."

Ziva squeezed her again and then stepped aside. Tony stepped up with a hand on Ashley's back. Against his every instinct to instantly hug Taylor, he waited for Ashley to move so he could offer support to her if she needed it.

Ashley wasted no time hesitating, but instead she, too, instantly hugged her sister. Taylor was practically shivering as she hugged her little sister, afraid to hurt her again.

"I'm so sorry, Ashley," Taylor began.

"Shh," the fifteen-year-old hushed her older sister. "It wasn't you..."

Those three words broke Taylor. She couldn't stop the quiet tears escaping, and didn't even try to stop them. She squeezed Ashley a little tighter.

Once she released Ashley, she barely had a chance to think before Tony had his arms around her. He kissed her head and held her there for at least 25 seconds.

"Dad, you can let go of me now," Taylor said when it had become an awkward situation.

"I don't want to," he said, but reluctantly released her. "I love you so much, Taylor... please, we want you to consider coming home. We want you home with us."

Taylor glanced to her mother and Ashley, who both nodded in agreement. Then she looked back at her father and nearly whispered, "I'm scared I'll do something again."

"We can help be sure you don't hurt anyone. Your mother has dealt with these things a lot before, and I've helped her. We can get through it, I promise."

Taylor's adrenaline rushed out of her suddenly, now that her body believed she was safe. She was so tired and calm now.

"Okay," she said. "I can come Home..."

~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~

Hey readers!

If you're liking this series, leave a comment and let me know!

I can foresee it ending soon, because I don't want to torture these characters anymore xD

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
But let me know what you might like to see before it's over!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Happy Reading!

~Abi <3