Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"Thank you so much!" I said, dragging Bryce with me towards the room.

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow, a playful smirk on his face, "Did you book the appointment as my wife Rose?" He whispered as soon as we were out of earshot.

I launched my elbow into his side, ignoring his cry out in pain, "Not a word about it pretty boy. There wasn't any other way I could accompany you into the meeting. My only other option was your mother, and we both know I couldn't have pulled that off."

He silently chuckled, and looked back up, "Whatever you say."

I scowled and shoved my elbow into his side again, this time with a little more force.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning. I would guess that you're Mr Redfield?" Doctor Morris asked as soon as we walked into the room, extending his hand forward.

Bryce took it eagerly, "Yes, it's nice to meet you Doc, this is my lovely wife Rosemary," 

I nodded my head in greeting, The doctor looked me over before returning my gesture, "It's lovely to meet you both. Please take a seat and tell me what's wrong."

We all sat down, Bryce and I next to each other and Doctor Morris sat opposite to us, unlike what I was used to, there wasn't a desk separating us.

I cleared my throat, "Doctor Morris, we were wondering if we could have the autopsy results for Sargent Kensington?"

His face changed, I held my breath, my heart racing a hundred miles, He took a breath and looked over to his desk, "Of course. The Sargent alerted me that he would be sending someone to collect the information."

I tried not to let my relief show. The pure coincidence... my heart didn't slow down.

"We really appreciate this Doctor," Bryce said, "Was there anything out of ordinary about the bodies?" 

The doctor grabbed six files out of his draw, each of them being about an inch thick. Large names were printed on the front page. "All were killed the same way, bullet wounds. There wasn't any trace of posion or any other object within their systems. It seems that each murder was the same... but different at the same time. Not one body has been shot in the same way. Some have bullets straight to the brain, others to the heart, and then some have been hit in the vital organs but they wouldn't have died immediately. I would gather that blood loss played a major part in at least three of these people." He handed over the files in Bryce's direction. Instead, I reached forward and grabbed them, shoving the files into my coat.

"Thank you again for doing this, especially under the conditions. Is there anything else we need to know?" I asked, closing the flaps of my coat, hiding any evidence of the files being there.

His brows furrowed, "Based off the pattern of the bullets. I would say that we're dealing with someone extremely unstable. But our killer in question would most likely give up a regular front. From the civilian's eye, you wouldn't be able to tell that anything is wrong." His voice turned grave, "I would advise that the Sargent takes great care when he arrests them."

I took in his words. Mr Clarke has said the same thing. That the killer was unstable.

"Thank you again," Bryce replied, standing up out of the seat, pulling me up too. "The Sargent sends his thanks."

Bryce didn't hesitate. Immediately getting us out of the room. "I didn't want to risk it," He whispered, "The sooner we got out of there, the better."

I nodded in agreement, "I wasn't planning on waiting any longer either. Gosh, we are so lucky that the Sargent had already planned on sending someone and alerted the Doctor."

"We could get arrested you know. Sent to prison for what we're doing." He admitted, his voice laced in worry.

I sighed, "I know. But look at it this way. If we figure out who this is, they won't arrest us. Not if we've turned in the culprit."

Bryce let out a breath, shaking his head, "Then we better pray that we got this right, Rose."

"We have," I assured, even though I wasn't too sure myself. "Let's head to the police station before they notice something's wrong."

-----------------------------------

Lol it's been a while since I've done and author note but I gotta say some thing so If you read this that would be amazing.

Thank you guys so much.

Like seriously, I haven't even finished publishing and we are nearly at 200 reads and we just passed 50 votes. I know it seems small but it means so much to me that you guys seem to be enjoying this book.

Second thing - I revealed some news on my Instagram, and it's kinda big. While you can kinda find it on wattpad, I haven't really announced it so hop over to my insta @ erynrainestories to check it out.

Again, thank you guys so much for the support. You have no idea how much it means to me xx

See you in the next chapter!

Eryn