twenty-one

Start from the beginning

Taehyung gulped, "I'm sorry", he said dryly.
"What for?", Minho asked amused, "Bet that's exactly what your jealous ass loves to hear. Your obsession with Jungkook is dangerous, I mean it."

The older nodded, "It is", he shrugged. "Jungkook and I had always been dangerous for each other. But I guess if the love is strong but the circumstances aren't, then love is always a dangerous thing."
"It shouldn't be like that", Minho hummed. "People should move on from each other. This shit you two are doing is toxic and stupid. You aren't 16 anymore, life goes on."

And again, Taehyung agreed. "You're right."

"So why you're still here? Go back to Korea, move on with your life and finally give Jungkook a chance to move on as well. If you're not here when he wakes up, maybe he finally realises you're not meant for him."

"I'm still here because I love him and if you love someone you don't give up on them", Taehyung smiled, tears coming up. "Trust me, the easiest thing right now would be leaving because I know that no one wants me here but the easy way is never the best one."
Minho turned away and started cleaning some plates, trying to avoid Taehyung's eyes. "I just wish you were gone. I want Jungkook back, the one who smiled all day and had a good time without even trying. You're not good for him. And maybe if you'd be gone, he'd finally notice me in another way than a friend."

Taehyung shook his head, "I'm not ready to give up on us yet, I'm sorry."
"Everybody is telling you to give up on him, why won't you finally start listening to what others tell you?"

"Because there was a time when Jungkook and I did that and we felt more empty than ever", Taehyung explained slowly, "And if I'm being honest I'd rather hurt like shit than feeling nothing. Jungkook's giving me a reason to get up everyday, without him it's just life y'know. He makes me feel alive while living."

Minho sighed, "I still think you're the worst for him but go on, keep messing his whole life up but don't be surprised the day you'll find him with his scars ripped open on the bathroom floor."

Taehyung gulped, trying his best not to cry. "Do you know where those scars come from?", he asked dryly.
Minho shrugged, "From your past with him."

"They're from a time where he listened to what everyone told him to do; to stay away from me and marry a girl he's not in love with."
Taehyung smiled bitterly, "I may be the worst in your eyes but it doesn't matter if I'm the best in his eyes."

"Can y'all just stop", Taejeon blurted out. "I'm eleven, I don't want to hear how my Dad wanted to kill himself. I want my Dad alive and breathing and if any of you don't want the same, then please shut up."
Taehyung nodded, "Sorry, kiddo."
Minho sighed and rolled his eyes, "Your Dad would be alive and breathing if Taehyung wouldn't be here."

Taejeon looked at the older angrily, "Stop! Saying! That! If Taehyung wouldn't be in his life he would be still with my Mom and both of them would be yelling all day! Try growing up in a house in which your parents constantly yell at each other and- a-and just try it and then tell me again that Taehyung is bad for my Dad. He's not, he's shit and I really didn't like him the past few weeks but he's not bad for my Dad!"
Taejeon grabbed Taehyung's hand and pointed towards the door, "Let's go. I wanted you to apologize, you never had to justify anything you feel for Dad."

"I'm sorry", Taehyung only said to both of them, "I'm really sorry I hurt your Dad", he looked at Taejeon and then at Minho, "And your friend. When we were kids I promised him to never hurt him but so far all I did was hurting him and I'm sorry for it."
With that he walked out and took Taejeon in his wheelchair with him.

Minho only let out a groan and then walked up and down his shop. He hated to admit it, but Taehyung didn't seem too bad. At least he was trying, Taejeon was right with that.