seventeen

okay i think i'll put a trigger warning since i cried myself writing those scenes lmao

❌ so trigger warning; highkey emotional

if you're sensitive to sad shit, just skip this chapter i feel like i should say that since i'm still getting lots of complaints that this story is too sad

***

"Just in case he doesn't make it?", Lyza let out in a small voice, "What are you trying to say Taehyung?!"

"It's your son, Lyz. You will have to raise him if Jungkook-", Taehyung gulped, looking away while one of the nurses in the hospital softly patted his shoulders. The boy sat there all by himself for two hours already, being the only close person who went to look for Jungkook and Taejeon. "Don't say it", Lyza whispered, voice cracking. "Jungkook will make it."

Taehyung didn't reply for a while, "Just get over here, Lyz. They said Taejeon is most likely to wake up tonight and he needs someone to wake up to except for me", the boy explained. "I'm already packing my stuff", she hummed into her phone, pushing stuff into her bag to make her way to the airport as fast as she could.

One of the doctors left the room in which Jungkook was getting surgery in for the whole time since the ambulance arrived here. Taehyung put the phone away, jumping up to rush to the stressed out man who kept ruffling his hair, head hurting horribly. "Anything?", the boy asked in a small voice but the doctor only shook his head, sighing heavily when he turned to Taehyung. "We're still trying to fix the rips. The crash broke nearly all of them, one of them is pressing onto his lungs. There might be longterm medical issues he'll have to face if he wakes up."

"If?", Taehyung asked anxiously.

The man put one hand on the boy's shoulder, "The kid is probably going to wake up soon, the narcosis should fade away by now, maybe get some plushie for him and wait in his room until he's waking up, alright?"

"What about Jungkook?", Taehyung asked again, "What does if mean? When is he going to wake up?"

The doctor gulped, not sure how to tell the boy. "I'm not even sure if he'll make it through surgery, Taehyung. The car crashed right into his side of the car. The kid was lucky, we lost the driver around one hour ago and your boyfriend..", the doctor looked down, "It just doesn't look too well, okay?"

Taehyung nodded, tears coming up. "The kid is his, right?", the doctor asked slowly. Taehyung nodded, "He is."
"Do you think you'd make a good father?", the doctor asked quietly, tilting his head while he tried to comfort the crying boy with soft pats on his back. "No idea", Tae sobbed.

"You better find that out soon, you might be all the little one has left."
With that the doctor turned around and walked back into surgery, grabbing a bottle of water from a nurse that was passing by.

Taehyung turned around, feeling numb while he headed towards the room of Taejeon. The kid was put into the kid's section of the hospital which made Taehyung's insides hurt, seeing all those kids with scars, broken bones and pain in their eyes. They deserved better. And so did Jungkook.

What felt the worst was, that all of this was his fault and no one else's. If he would've treated Jungkook better that night, none of this would be happening right now. Taejeon deserved to have a father, he should grow up with Jungkook in their small but comfy apartment, hang out with Lili all the time and turn into an amazing adult with a loving father.

Not without one.

Taehyung entered the room, sitting down next to Taejeon who was laying in the bed, eyes still shut because he was still sleeping. He was connected to a machine that showed his heartbeats, he also got oxygen through a mask they put on his mouth since he wasn't able to breath on his own.