fourteen

k i will lift the mood now y'all are way too sad in this sequel let's get some things out of the way

***

Taehyung sat at the table for about ten more minutes. Once the clock went on and on while Taehyung did nothing but stare at it, there was one thought occupying his mind. Jungkook was leaving and if he wouldn't make his decision quick, there was no chance in hell he'd get his boy back. Even worse was the thought that Jungkook knew it all, he had known it all along but never said a word to protect him from feeling bad about it.

Jungkook was a true angel given from heaven. Yet Taehyung just let him go again.

This time, he wouldn't come back. He made clear he'd do anything for Taehyung but once his son took damage from it, he'd not even hesitate and put his kid first. And Taehyung fell in love a little more when he noticed that Jungkook's love for his own son was unbreakable.

One day, he told himself, one day he'd feel the same towards a kid of his own.

A kid he'd raise with Jungkook together.
Those thoughts made Taehyung get up and pack his bag quickly. He put shoes and his thick winter jacket on, it was so close to Christmas already which came along with a freezing cold but also a bunch of christmas lights everywhere. People got cozy and caring with their loved ones, sharing the most beautiful time of the year with the ones they'd wished to have around at this special moment.

Taehyung would sit alone next to a Christmas tree he bought at the next supermarket, looking through old things and shedding tears over the loss of the love of his life. He could change that though. They could go christmas shopping together, look for the prettiest tree and then have a happy night together as a family. Wasn't that all they ever wanted?

Taehyung walked out of the door, eyes focused on the street, eyeing every step he took and how it left a mark in the snow. He didn't realise how long he was walking but he arrived at Jimin's apartment real soon, ringing the bell anxiously. This wouldn't go too well, he was sure of that.

The older took a while until he appeared in the door frame, hair in a mess and wearing nothing but a bath robe. "Taehyung", he said confused, biting his lip nervously. "What you're doing here?"

"Jungkook left", Taehyung hummed, glancing down to his feet. "So you're back with me now?", Jimin asked, eyebrows lifted.

"C-can we talk?"

"Nah, not right now", Jimin hummed, lips trembling a bit from the cold that touched his naked body underneath the bath robe. "You could've called."

Taehyung shrugged, "Are you having someone over?"
He got no answer to that, Jimin only shut the door and stepped outside for a moment, "Look. Tae. I love you but you don't love me, so please do both of us a favor and leave."

For a moment the younger looked a little dumbfounded, "Since when do you want me to leave you?"
Jimin looked away, "I just don't want you to be with Jungkook. But neither with me, I found someone so much better-", he sighed and then opened up the door. Taehyung took a glimpse inside and saw Yoongi sitting on the sofa, a slice of pizza in his mouth while they were watching a movie. It seemed so comfortable and Taehyung's heart dropped again. "Good luck with him", he said quietly and pulled out his ring out of his pockets and gave it to Jimin. "I think this is over", he looked down.

"Why doesn't it hurt?", Jimin questioned with tears coming up. "It rather feels like a relief-"

Taehyung let out a sigh before he inhaled deeply and took Jimin's hand, "Because we've never been more than best friends who felt lonely at some point but enjoyed each other's company." He leaned forwards and gave Jimin a kiss to his cheek, "It's always been Yoongi for you and Jungkook for me."