two

so, i updated all my fics now once, i'm officially continuing my hiatus now to pass my last final! i'll be back after monday i love you guys <3

***

5 years ago

Taejeon's head shot up as he heard sniffling sounds from the room next door. For a second, he felt like crying himself but then he got up and waddled over to his father's bedroom. "Daddy", he squeaked, tears boiling up.
Jungkook sat up, sobbing heavily as he opened his arms. "I'm so sorry", he sniffled. "I don't want to keep you up every night-"
The 6 year old shook his head and got into the bed, snuggling into his father's arms.

"It's oki", he sniffled, now crying as well.

Jungkook pressed his head into his son's neck. "I messed everything up."
But Taejeon quickly kissed his cheeks and then poked them with a sad smile. "Daddy please don't cry", he pleaded in a small voice.

"When Dad cries, Taejeonie's heart hurt. Very much."

Jungkook nodded, sinking back into the pillow with his son cuddled up to him.
"It's funny", Taejeon suddenly giggled. "When I was three, Daddy always came to me when I cried at night. Now Taejeonie comes to Daddy."

His father smiled tiredly, his eyes falling shut.

People say love is worth it all, they talk about meeting your soulmate and giving up everything for them. Books, movies, poems-, they all give off the impression that love is the one thing everyone lives for.
By that, meaning the love between two people who feel sexual attraction for each other.
Jungkook knew by now, it wasn't true.

The love he felt towards his kid was so much more than anything he ever had with Lyza or Taehyung.
When he saw Taejeon's smile, the world was alright. If Taejeon hugged him, the pain faded away like nothing. It's not the bond between two lovers that defines love, it's rather the bond you feel towards someone you care about.

For some, it may be their partner. For others it's their best friend. And for a parent, it'll probably be their kid.

With every day the small boy grew and became a little smarter, a bit wiser and his understanding of the world a bit broader-, with every day Taejeon turned more and more into Jungkook's safe place.

Sometimes, when the night was the darkest and Jungkook couldn't help but think of everything that went down, he used to calm himself down with thinking that what he had with Taehyung-, it was one of the sweetest yet most painful lovestories he encountered.

And lovestories aren't about the ending, they're about the story. What we learn from it, what we get out of it.
And maybe, just maybe- the moral of their story was that no matter how much you love someone, sometimes simply loving isn't enough.

Except for when you're a parent. Then it's all about loving your child and willing to sacrifice everything for their happiness.

There are far too many children out there not receiving the love of a parent they'd deserve, Jungkook swore himself to never turn into one of them.

Parents like Lyza's or Taehyung's-, he despised them.

He'd always will. 

**

"You said you're over it", Jimin said bluntly. Hands running through his pink hair as he kept biting his lips. "You said you're done with this whole story."

"I didn't think I'd see him again", Taehyung let out weakly.

"It's been 5 years, Taehyung."

The older nodded, eyes glued to his feet. "He seems so fine now."
"Exactly, he's fine without you. So are you."