XVII

"Nina" is slang for .9 mm which is a handgun. 

Javon Carter

I sat in my car and waited in front of a small dilapidated looking house. I shook my head and smirked thankful that I wasn't the one who got caught in that damn bank heist a couple years back.

Since it was nearing the evening time, the sun was starting to set, casting an ember glow in the neighborhood. I looked around examining the hood life, nats wearing cropped tops and booty shorts walking in groups and laughing loudly. There were also a group of niggas shooting dice and hollering at the girls as they passed by. I heard some commotion and in true nigga fashion, I became nosey and observed what was going on.

"You've been gone the whole day yesterday and now you're just gonna walk into my house like that's normal Crue? Go back to where you came from! It's about to be fucking seven thirty and you left at five in the afternoon yesterday!" An older women screamed as she dragged a teenage boy out of a house. A small group of people gathered around looking at the confrontation.

"Momma look! I got money! You the one always talking 'bout we struggling, now I'm making money and you're mad!" He said pulling out a roll of money, offering his mother a hundred dollar bill.

"That's the problem Crue! I don't know where you're getting this money from, and I don't want anything to do with it. Get the hell away from my house!" The momma shouted again and the little nigga tucked his pocket and walked away from his house.

That shit hit home for me. It reminded me of my time as a little corner boy while I was staying with my mama and grandmother. Anytime I missed a curfew they'll lock the door and I'll have no way of going back inside.

I placed my focus back on the shabby little house and watched as the door flew open, I put my fist to my mouth and laughed as I watched the short figure go down the stairs. I stepped out of the car and watched him stop at his tracks before doing the same gesture I was doing.

"Javon Carter! Look at you man. You all rich now and running shit!" Vito said and I shrugged my shoulders taking in this niggas appearance.

"It is what is when you play ya cards right." I said and Vito walked over dapping me up. "Nigga you need some new clothes." I told him when we were done greeting each other.

He was wearing some worn out Gucci shirt with baggy ass jeans and black air forces. The same outfit he wore to rob the bank. "I've been in jail for 10 fucking years. I know I need some damn clothes." He said and I nodded my head with a smirk on my face. I forgot that broke niggas have a short fuse.

Those ten years in prison changed Vito drastically. He was now bald and had a couple of badly done tattoos on his face. His easy going demeanor was replaced by an angry one.

"You're not gay right?" I asked and Vito side eyed me suspiciously before punching my arm. I clutched the area and he stepped back smirking.

"The fuck type of question is that? Not every nigga that goes to jail gets turned out!" Vito said aggressively and I reached in my back pocket pulling out my Nina.

"I don't like niggas punching me." I said pointing my gun at him, not giving a fuck that we were out in public. The niggas shooting dice stopped their game and looked over at us. Vito took a step toward me and I cocked my gun.