XV

Maybe I should add some vampires and werewolves on some crazy shit......

Ashanti Carter

I was chilling in the living room with my bodyguard. Drew and Nyla went to Vegas for Deons funeral which I wasn't invited to, so they left him to watch me.

"Hey," I said getting his attention. "Do you trust me? Like if you were to leave for ten minutes, do you think I'll still be here?" I asked and he shrugged his big ass shoulders.

"I personally trust you, but this is my job, so don't try anything funny." I rolled my eyes and focused on the television. We were watching some basketball game. I exhaled and closed my eyes tightly; these period cramps were no joke. I was also running low on pads, but I doubted my body guard would let me hop in a car and zoom off to the nearest drug store.

I guess he saw that I was in pain because he was staring with a concerned look.

"What's wrong with you?"

"My period cramps are killing me." I dragged out and laid on my stomach, but that made it worse. I groaned and rolled over clutching my stomach. He started laughing which caught me off guard.

"Females are so extra. I bet that shit don't hurt that much for real."

I just ignored him. He'll be too ignorant to understand, so I'll just keep my mouth shut.

"Really though! My wife acts like she can't do shit when she's on it. And let's not bring up my daughter. All baby girl does is cry and stay in bed!"

"Can you take me to CVS so I can get some pads?" He looked at me all annoyed like I shit in his pancakes or whatever.

"So you don't have nothing to say 'bout what I just told you?" He was mad at me because I had no comment. To be honest, I really wasn't listening to him.

"Everybody is different. Can you take me please?" I begged and he stared at me for some time before exhaling.

"Hurry and get dressed before I change my mind." He said and I slowly rose from the couch and went up to my room, ignoring my bodyguard while he mumbled unnecessary stuff.

I changed out of my pajamas and wore some basic dark sweatsuit. I looked like a bum. I walked downstairs and saw my bodyguard waiting by the door. He opened the door for me and I walked out slowly while looking at him for any signs of an attitude.

We got in the car and he started an awkward conversation.

"Maybe you should let Drew put a baby in you so you won't worry about a period for a couple of months." He suggested and I let out an awkward laugh. I definitely wasn't in the right situation to get knocked up.

"It's not the right time. Maybe when this whole thing blows over." I told him before I relaxed back in my seat. I looked out of the window and saw a group of teenagers circling around two white kids. The two white kids in the middle started to fight and their friends cheered them off. My bodyguard drove away quickly.

"This city just keeps getting more ghetto every year." He complained and I rolled my eyes. It was spring break and teenagers loved to come down here to cause havoc. They should do them.

"At least they're not do illegal things like having shoot outs."

He didn't respond and the ride got quiet. I turned the radio up but he turned it back down. I side eyed him but his eyes stayed on the road.

Him and I didn't get along so great. He used to be a club bouncer in some Atlanta club, but he had to come here because Drew and Nyla liked and trusted him. They also were paying him good.