> 19 <

NINETEEN: Tag

With December approaching, the chilling weather followed suit. Thus meaning the three hybrids spent fewer days outside.

It was a Friday afternoon, Niall pushing Max on the swing outside as Louis and Liam chased each other in a game of tag. 

"Daddy!" Liam squealed rounding the corner where Harry stood the phone up to his ear, "I see you Lee, go play." he mutters turning to have his back towards his children. Normally he wouldn't have even brought his phone outside with him, but with his Tour coming up he had about a million calls a day, each one something important.

Liam huffs hearing his father's words, a pout spreading on his features. Louis catches up to him quick poking Liam's shoulder as he passes with a devious grin coiled on his lips. "Leave 'lone!" Liam shrieks towards his older brother that freezes with a gasp. 

All heads in the yard turn to the middle-aged Hybrid, Harry's look hardens as he smacks Liam's backside crouching to his level, "Hang on Mike," He speaks lowly dropping his phone to his side, "Say you're sorry right now," 

Louis sucks in a breath turning expectantly, his hands are intertwined in front of him as he rocks on the backs of his feet. Pointing to the eldest hybrid, Harry spanks Liam again when the hybrid crosses his arms in reply.

"Liam James, say it." 

His ears flicker against the wind, Liam glancing over towards his Baba that watches with a frown. He knew this was simply acting out. Zayn had been gone over the week, Harry was tied up constantly with his management, and with Niall being only one person he found it difficult to spread himself evenly between three little hybrids, each being a little needy considering two out of three parents weren't pulling their weight with love.

Groaning, Harry pinches the bridge of his nose in anger, "Mike let me call you back, okay? Thanks." Placing his phone in his pocket completely, he slides his belt from the loops doubling it over, "Apologize to your brother right now, or you're getting fifteen spanks." Liam's look remains testing, pushing the boundaries with Harry he takes a small step forward, "No Sorry." 

"I-I 'furgive you!" Louis rushes grabbing Liam's hand tugging the younger hybrid along. Harry rises from his knelt position, "Louis let him go, Liam come with me." 

"Haz-"

"No Niall, he can't act like this just because one of us is busy." Dragging Liam behind him, it's when the Daddy and hybrid had crossed the threshold entering the house again that Liam begins to understand that Harry might have been serious. 

Whimpers escape through Liam's pouting lips, he struggles in the grip stomping his feet when Harry sits on the couch bringing Liam in front of him, "Look at me," Ordering the hybrid to still his movements, Harry groans when Liam plants himself on the ground wailing that he wanted his Papa. 

The Daddy sighs resting his elbows on his knees, he tried, frustrated, and overall done with talk of his tour. He didn't even want to go now, there have been so many mistakes, scheduling nightmares, and now his sons couldn't even get along for a simple game of Tag.

Harry's phone vibrates again, his tour manager is calling, and the lock screen reveals nine missed texts from the stylist he'd been speaking with. While he's staring at his phone, replying to an email, Liam's cries silence themselves. He's watching his Daddy with wide doe eyes, innocent pools of chocolate that crave a simple hug. 

"Why did you snap at Lou?" Harry questions, he puts the phone down, Liam's eyes drifting to the device that continues ringing, "Lee, look at me."

Snapping his head to his Daddy, Liam sniffles bringing his hands to his ears, "Why were you mean to Louis?" Liam inhales softly extending his hand towards Harry, "'anted y-you."

"Liam wanting my attention doesn't mean you can be mean to our brothers."

Lifting the boy onto his lap, Harry kisses his temple, "I'm sorry Daddy's been busy."

"I-it 'otay," Liam mumbles, "'e-re Papa?"

"Papa should be home tomorrow baby," Harry replies leaning back on the couch with his middle baby in his arms, he strokes his hair ruffling his ears as well. 

When Liam became dead weight on Harry's lap, the Daddy remains still holding his finger to his lip when Louis enters the room in search of his brother. "Lee okay?"

"Liam's okay," Harry assures brushing the hair from Louis' face, "I'm sorry I've been so busy lately," Louis smiles nodding, "You's okay Daddy."

>I'm sorry it's shit and short, but for now, it's all I've got. Worse case of writer's block today. I'll have better soon. Emma :)