> 40 <

F O R T Y : Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree..Pt.2

Dedicated to : icantbedoingthis Merry Christmas <3

Continuing from Chapter 20,

Returning to the Stylin house, Zayn ropes Niall into helping him carry the tree inside as Harry lays Max down for a nap, Liam following close behind. Louis stands in the living room surveying his father's work, "We make pretty now?" Niall smirks scooping the hybrid in his arms, "We're going to wait for brothers to wake from their nap, and then we can make the tree pretty."

"Daddy wake 'em up!" Louis demands, pouting as he has sat on the couch with his arms crossed. He begged to get the stupid tree, had to endure Liam's antics on the way to get the forsaken tree, and there it sat unlit, unfluffed, un-decorated, in Louis' eyes it was a few moments away from being deemed ugly. After all, it'd been a whole fifteen minutes since the family had returned home and his younger brothers were still asleep!

Harry rolls his eyes at Louis' dramatic request, "Bubba I think you'd benefit from a nap too, do you want to lay down with Papa?"

"No!" Louis cries, he fell for this stupid trick last year when they made him nap and he woke up to a half-way decorated tree. This year he'd be damned if he didn't put the first ornament on the tree. It was Louis' right as the older brother to be first.

 However, being that this was reality the chance of a Christmas mircale happening - one where Louis wasn't made to have a nap - was slim to none, as upon hearing the protest, Zayn made his way into the living room with his hand on his belt, eyes narrowed, and lips twitched in a scowl, "Lewis Stylin we're about to have a meeting in the next five seconds if you raise your voice, your brothers are asleep," 

The man that could sleep through an earthquake, didn't wake up when Louis fell off his playhouse and broke his arm, and often proclaimed he needed subtitles because he couldn't hear the movie - always, always, heard when one of his boys said the word "no."

Deflating as he realizes his fate, Louis sighs rising from the couch, he knew humility went further with his papa, the same way being a baby did with his daddy, and joking eased things over with Niall; "I-I sorry," he mumbles softly, Zayn clears his throat, "Tell Daddy and Baba night, you're going to lay down," the man orders, Louis whines stomping his foot, "I-I don't want too!" 

"Did I ask?" Zayn returns kneeling down to Louis' eye level, Louis backs away from the man shaking his head, "N-no,"

"No what?"

"No sir," Louis mutters, it's apparent he's losing the battle with Zayn, quick thinking on his part he backs away further until he turns running to his daddy with sobs building in his chest, "Da-dada," Harry can't help but open his arms with tears filling his own eyes at the word, "Oh my sweet boy," both of his husband's call his name out disapprovingly, "Lou c'mon now don't play with daddy's heart like that," Niall scolds, Zayn sighs clapping his own hands, "Bubba lets go lay down, we will decorate the tree as soon as you wake up,"

Refusing to budge from the safe place in his Daddy's arms, Louis curls further into the man knowing he just had to wait out his other two fathers.

Louis felt confident in completing said task when suddenly he felt Harry sit down cradling him to his chest, "D-did you hear him say Dada?" the man coos, "Yo-you haven't said dada in years," laying countless kisses to Louis' cheeks, the hybrid sighs, his baba was right, he couldn't do it to the man. 

"Sorry daddy," Louis whispers sitting up from the hold, kissing Harry's cheek he turns to Zayn, "I-I go take a-a nap," admitting defeat, Louis slides down from his lap taking Zayn's hand being led upstairs.

Niall laughs when the boy is out of earshot, sitting on the couch he wraps his arm around Harry, "You okay?" suddenly his once teary-eyed husband now stares at him with dry eyes and a smirk, "You think I fell for that? Please. I taught that kid the trick," he muses, "Louis rarely called me dada," Niall raises an eyebrow at his trickster of a husband, "Well look at you," he praises.

"Bubba 'ish time 'to's 'recorate 'ree,"  Snapping awake Louis mistakenly hits Liam's arm as he flings his out in surprise, "L-Lee?" Liam sits next to his older brother with one empty juice box in his hand, the other one had a few more sips left, he offers it to the boy with a smile, "F-for you," Louis takes it gulping down the one sip it had left narrowing his eyes at the boy that giggles, "I-I 'rink it," he admits giggling to himself, Louis rolls his eyes getting out of bed hurrying downstairs seeing Max in Niall's arms the two of them dancing around the tree, "Daddy? Papa?" Zayn pokes his head around the tree grinning toward the boy, "I was waiting for you bubba, watch this boys," within seconds the living room is lit up with dazzling white lights.

Harry comes behind the boys wrapping his arms around them pulling them close, "Who's putting the first ornament on?" Excitedly Louis steps up about to hook it on the branch when he glances back to Liam smiling, "Lee, y-you too," both of them were older brothers, so it was only fair to share the tradition.

"Falalalalala" Liam sings, Louis rolling his eyes "Lee hush" he barks, Liam scoffs gesturing to Niall, "Ba-ba 'ing it!"

Harry furrows his eyebrows, "Baba sings Falalala," trailing off he taps his bottom lip in thought as to where Liam had suddenly learned such a phrase, "What else does it say, Lee?" Zayn asks, all the fathers had thought Liam had just finally learned a new way to irritate his brother, but clearly, he was only in fact repeating a song he heard, "beck the ball 'wif ball of polly, falalala," Liam sings with a grin, Louis stands dumbfounded, Zayn's jaw drops as he shoots his look to Niall, "Is he singing deck the halls?"

Niall clears his throat humming the tune, "Deck the halls with balls of holly, falalalalala," pausing he laughs, "He is!" Louis huffs his father's excitement, "No more! A-annoying song!" Liam giggles, "Falalalala!" Max perks up at the cheery tune, "lalalalala," he mocks, Louis groaning collapsing onto the couch, he would need a new pair of headphones to make it through this holiday season. If only he would've planned ahead for his Christmas list.

The night is followed by the tree being decorated, Harry making homemade hot chocolate and popcorn, Niall bringing out his guitar to play Christmas songs, and Zayn taking turns dancing with all three of his boys.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays my loves, All the love in the world, Emma :)

Ps: Happy Birthday Louis :)