> 15 1/2 <

FIFTEEN: Liam's Pal

Dedicated to : Irish_09876 Thank you, I hope you love it!

As leaves twirled in the wind, fall time coming into place, Harry Styles sat on a park bench with his youngest son in front of him asleep in his stroller. Max had been awake an hour prior, but had been fussy all day; therefore when he knocked out finally, it didn't break his Daddy's heart.

Next to the dad sat Niall, the Baba scrolled through his phone, for the most part, he "watched" Louis slide down the slide the same way fifteen times, and even glanced up when Liam called for him to show him that he could step onto the step all by himself! 

At this point in his life, Niall would accept the hashtag of being old and boring. He was.

Harry, however, remained "Young and Chipper" - getting that phrase from one of his motivational books. One of the only books on the shelf the hybrids hadn't colored yet. Perhaps they just knew how important those books were to their Daddy.

Soon again, Louis begged his Baba to watch him, Niall lifting his head enough to prove to Louis that he would watch him slide down the damn slide, did Harry scan the park for Liam. He hadn't heard his baby plea for attention in at least two minutes, a new record for Liam.

The corners of his mouth tug into a smile when he sees Liam sitting with his back towards him, the boy is in the sandbox, a place he was told strictly not to go, yet the Daddy didn't leap from his seat just yet. It's when his eyes land on another boy in the sandbox, time slowing to a crawl when the innocent boy ducks his head down and Liam's hand rushes towards it.

"Liam no!" 

Harry shrieks launching from his seat towards his hybrid, the two boys in the sandbox jump away from one another, Liam glancing at his daddy with wide - doe-like - eyes, "Jack!" a woman calls, she's out of breath when she reaches the lot, her eyes narrowing at Harry, "C-can I help you?"

The daddy scoffs, "Well no your son was playing with mine-"

"Oh my God I am so sorry, I-I thought you were upset he was a hybrid-"

"H-he, your son is a hybrid?" Harry questions eyes traveling down towards the boy again that has two fuzzy ears sticking on his head, he grins up at the Daddy waving towards him friendly. 

Harry chuckles waving back, "All three of mine are hybrids-"

"Three?! Wow, you must have your hands full." Harry rubs the back of his neck, "You wouldn't even begin to believe it," he mutters scooping Liam into his arms, "Well we were heading home, but um, let me give you my number and maybe we can set up a playdate?" Harry suggests, the woman gasps nodding, "That would be amazing, being a hybrid, Jack doesn't meet a lot of kids that want to play with him." 

Harry nods in understanding, "Well Liam is mainly close to his brothers, but a friend would be good for him too. Help him gain some social skills." The two exchange numbers before bidding each other farewells.

Zayn frowns using the spoon to feed Liam that sits in his highchair rubbing his ears soothingly as he watches his Papa with loving eyes, "I'm not sure I approve of this, I mean what if this kid is bad news-"

"Zayn," Harry begins, he rolls his eyes fixing Louis a plate for dinner, "It would be good for Liam to finally get some friends-"

"I-I his f-friend," Louis inquires furrowing his eyebrows, Zayn motions toward the boy, "Louis is his friend."