> 34 <

"Why don't you take Lou and Max down for breakfast?" Niall suggests that morning to Zayn, he stands next to Harry the man tending to Liam that morning, both of them snapping their looks at Niall that's pleadingly requesting Zayn to make the room vacant except for the three.

The Papa sighs with a quick nod, "'course," he mumbles scooping Max in his arms taking Louis' hand, "I'll bring some food back," Liam suddenly whines from his spot next to Harry, while he had been keeping his distance from his Papa lately he wasn't so sure he could manage to be in a different room than him with his baba close by.

What if Liam became a problem again?

The whimper goes unheard, Harry crossing the room shutting the door behind Zayn with a passing kiss, his emerald eyes return to Niall with an awkward smile, "What's up?"

Niall can't help but feel himself want to cry, here was his husband, the man he loved so dearly standing with visible caution in the same room as him. Had Niall done this to his family? He realized during his conversation with Zayn he was partly to blame, but at the moment Niall felt the full weight of the guilt anchoring in his stomach.

Taking a seat on the bed, Niall sighs softly glancing at Liam, "How are you bud?" Liam brings his bottom lip between his teeth with a shake of the head, he didn't feel really ready to talk to his Baba.

Niall notices the hesitation, swallowing past the burning lump in his throat his eyes flicker to Harry's anxious orbs, "Harry?" he croaks, "Yeah?" the man returns, he steps forward closer to the two on the bed, without thought the man encloses the gap kneeling in front of Liam, he grabs his smaller hands pulling him closer with a kiss on the cheek, "Niall if we need to talk-"

"I need to," Niall corrects, he stands from the bed sitting on the floor instead, he wanted to be eye level with his son, "I am so sorry, Liam. Baba is so sorry," tears build in his eyes, Niall sniffling to keep them at bay, he inhales suddenly grabbing Harry's hand, "A-and honey, I-I'm so sorry," the tears spill from his oceanic eyes, "I-I love you both so much, I-I don't know what happened,"

Liam hangs his head at the words, he knew. He knew what had caused this.

"I's h-hit 'wou 'wou," Liam whispers, tears cascading down his round cheeks, his puppy brown eyes meeting his Baba's begging for forgiveness, he didn't want the man to hate him forever for a simple mistake. He hadn't even meant to hit Louis in the first place. 

Niall sobs pulling Liam into a bone-crushing hug, "This is not your fault, Liam Stylin! You're so good, baby boy, Baba is so sorry for making you feel that way." Harry wipes at his eyes watching the father and son, he was happy Liam had the moment with Niall he so clearly needed, he knew for his family to heal everyone needed to address what happened and move on.

Liam hit Louis.

He was aiming for Max.

Siblings fight.

It wasn't a huge deal, it was the fallout that occurred after that Harry fears left scars unable to heal on the family. Seeing Liam snuggle into Niall with his fluffy ears nuzzled into his bed of hair made him re-think his scars, and wonder if the possibility of healing could come true. 

"I wanna do it, I wanna do it!" Louis shrieks demanding the key card, Zayn rolls his eyes attempting to hand it to him whilst juggling Max and a bag of pastries in his arms, "Here Lou," the oldest hybrid grins sliding the card into the door gasping when it lights up green, he's so in awe of the light he forgets to turn the handle, "Do it again Lou," Zayn growls growing impatient.

By the third time, the door opens, Louis scoffing, "I do it," Zayn reaches down smacking his backside, "I'll tell you what I'm about to do, go inside," Harry can't help but laugh at his oldest lifting him in his arms, "Did you have a good breakfast?" Louis pouts shaking his head, he's mad that he was only allowed to push three of the elevator buttons, angry that Zayn didn't let him have three waffles, and infuriated that the green light on the hotel door is so distracting.

Liam giggles at his older brother moving from Niall's arms, he crosses the room toward Zayn, the man that's unpacking the bag of food he had brought, he sat Max down in the playpen, turning he jumps not expecting Liam to be there, "Hey bubba," Saying nothing in return, Liam instead lifts his arms up, Zayn scooping him up without a second thought, "I've missed you," Zayn whispers kissing Liam's temple, the hybrid snuggling into his Papa, "Y-you too," 

While Liam would admit Harry did give nice cuddles, and that he'd forgiven Niall, and if Zayn ever had to go away on business trips he'd settle for the men, and maybe not give his other daddies so much grief now; Liam knew he was a one-favorite parent kind of kid, and his Papa would always hold that title.

Strapping Leases on the boys, the three fathers make their way to the beach for one last day of sun before their trip home tomorrow morning.

Walking hand in hand with each other, Harry lays his head on Niall's shoulder, "I love the beach,"

Niall wraps his arm around Harry's waist keeping him close, "I do too," Zayn freezes when he sees a sudden flash, Harry halting after him, "D-did you see-"

His words are cut short when one photographer cuts in front of the three parents, "Zayn how's Gigi? Harry, how is Olivia?!"

"W-what-" Harry whispers tears pricking his eyes, Niall's hand drops from his waist, the three boys have fear-stricken eyes, Zayn shoving past the man gathering his kids, "This is a private beach," 

Two more photographers come running up, "Family day out? Are the rumors true of you three being in a relationship?! Zayn, Gigi is pregnant how excited are you to be a real father?!"

>Am I the drama? I feel like I'm the drama. A Cliff hanger never wrote itself so fast :) All the love, Emma :)