> 18 <

EIGHTEEN: Pride

Zayn barks out a laugh when Liam comes running to his arms in greeting, his ears have bows clipped in them, nails bright pink, with blinding highlighter slathered on his face. "What did they do to my boy?" He muses, the hybrid whines at the laughing, "O-out!" He demands swatting at the colorful bows, "I don't know, it makes you look cute." Zayn hums patting Liam's backside soothingly, he continues on through the house, Michael waves towards him switching the girl he had on his lap; "Clearly they had gotten into Mika's makeup," His niece had been staying at the house recently, and Luke was obsessed with the sparkly glitter.

The Papa laughs, "Liam isn't hurt, where's my other monster?" Michael rises shifting Mika, "Should be in the den, I'm telling you the next time Max is coming over," Zayn shakes his head, "I cannot believe you actually like watching these demons," 

"I'd have ten of them if Calum would let me," Michael assures, Zayn's dumbfounded but shrugs nonetheless. Pushing the door open, Zayn whistles gaining attention, "Solider Louis, I need you to report back to Papa's car so we can go home."

The two boys groan in unison, Louis pouts placing the walkie talkie he had on the ground, "Papa can Ash come home with us?"

Michael interjects setting Mika down to play, "He can't Lou, Ashton has some chores he needs to do," Lowering his voice to give a hint towards the said boy, Ashton lowers his head nodding, "S-sorry Lou."

The hybrid huffs hugging his best friend, "See ya," Passing Zayn without a word, Louis storms to the car, Zayn bidding Michael a farewell apologizing for his brat, "He's grumpy,"

"Hey don't worry about it, Ashton gets that way sometimes." Zayn thanks him heading to the truck, buckling Liam in his seat he smacks Louis' thigh, "Next time you ask to go it'll be a No. What do you say when you leave someone's house?"

Louis cowers in his seat, crossing his arms he stares ahead at the windshield, for some reason he feels somewhat brave and doesn't want to give Zayn the time of day, "Okay, that's six minutes, and four lashes." Informing Louis of what look forward to once he gets home, Zayn closes the door shifting the car into drive.

"T-thanks fo-for 'havin me," Louis whimpers softly, Zayn raises an eyebrow in the rearview mirror, "Were you just thinking about it for that long?" He asks condescendingly as he slows at a red light, Louis chews his bottom lip nodding, Zayn wants to slap his hand to his face, but instead nods, "What do you want for dinner, boys?"

Liam perks up at this, "'izza!"

"We can't have pizza every night Lee," Zayn reminds, he felt sick at the mention of the food, with Harry gone at the moment, it was up to him and Niall to cook. Not wanting to feed the boy's pasta and pizza every night, the two relied on restaurants to do the job.  

Turning into Walmart, he shushes the collective whines, "I'll beat you both," He warns, "Baba said we needed more milk."

"W-we 'ave 'melk at home, Papa," Louis states sleepily, "Lewis why would Baba say we need milk if we don't? Maybe he used it all today." Zayn growls, "You both need naps," Figuring his best bet was to order it through the app, he sits in the parking lot as he waits for the confirmation email to pull through the drive-thru.

Placing the milk in the passenger seat, Zayn drives off turning the radio on, he was hoping it would lull his babies to sleep. It did for Liam, and almost Louis until the blaring ringtone he had set for Harry goes off,

"Warning! it's the husband! Warning! it's the husband! The husband is calling! Warning!"  

Flinching himself, Zayn groans hearing Louis cry out fussily, pressing the accept call button on his steering wheel, "Hey babe," Zayn greets, Harry not bothering with his greeting, "Niall just texted me that he and Max are going out for the night. Where are you and the other boys?"