Something's Wrong

In the evening, Seokjin comes upstairs after closing his restaurant.

"You done?"

He turns to where he heard the voice.

"Yea-"

His eyes widen.

"Han Haejoo, are you smoking!?"

Haejoo is sitting on a single chair with only her bra and Seokjin's sweatpants on.

"Can't I?"

He walks to her and takes away the cigarette.

"Give me back."

"Han Haejoo!"

"Kim Seokjin, PLEASE."

She stands up and grabs the cigarette from him, giving him a deadly glare.

"And what happened to your hair?"

She smirks.

"I cut it. What do you expect?"

"Haejoo, talk to me. This is so not you."

"How was I? A good girl?"

"Sit down."

Seokjin sits down on the couch near her chair and sighs.

"I think I have my rights to know what happened to you since you approached me out of nowhere in the middle of the night after all those years."

"Three years to be exact."

"Anyway. Talk to me. What's wrong with you?"

"My existence."

"Haejoo-ah..."

Haejoo smirks and looks at him.

"I haven't heard this for a long time."

Seokjin sighs and tries to hold her hand.

"Don't touch me..!"

She crosses her arms and bites down her lower lip. She seems so annoyed.

"The apartment looks quite well...compared to how it looked years ago."

Seokjin looks around and smiles.

"It was you who made me keep my surrounding neat and clean, Haejoo-ah."

"Shut up."

"It's true."

"Don't say cheesy things, Kim Seokjin."

"Han Haejoo, I don't understand. What had got into you? An evil? You're now the complete opposite of who you used to be."

Haejoo stares at him.

"You are a sweet girl with a kind heart. Nothing like this. Nothing! Did your boyfriend do this?"

"Speaking of my boyfriend..."

Seokjin looks at her in curiosity.

"I think it's karma."

"How?"

"Remember why we broke up?"

"....."

They both stare at each other in silence. The room is suddenly filled with awkwardness.

"It's all in the past, Haejoo."

"But I believe in karma."

"I don't. So, don't think like that."

"Kim Seokjin, don't be a good guy and don't try to comfort me. It doesn't help."

"I forgive you, okay?"

"I can't forgive myself...now."

"Haejoo-ah..."

"It was my fault in the very first place and now, I'm suffering from the result of it. I'm such a trashy person."

"Haejoo-ah, don't say things like that."

"I fucking cheated on you, Kim Seokjin! Aren't you even mad at me!?"

"Of course, I was. But the thing is that I knew it wasn't you who started it. It was that guy who seduced you first. And let me ask you. Is that the same guy?"

Haejoo sighs loudly and nods in annoyance.

"God damn..."

"That's why I said it's all about karma."

"And he did all those to you?"

"What?"

He points at her still-a-bit-swollen arms.

"Can we not talk about it?"

"So, he did it?"

"No."

"What?"

"Let's stop here."

She breaks the cigarette, throws it away and goes inside her room. Seokjin is left feeling worried for her and sighing again and again.

'What's up with her..?'

Haejoo lies on the mattress and stares at the ceiling until her eyes closes to fall into a deep sleep.

On the next day when Seokjin goes downstairs to his work, Haejoo cleans the whole apartment and also, takes out the rest of the stuffs from her room so that she can sleep or stay in it more freely. She just has instant noodles for her lunch and lies down on the couch until he comes back in the evening.

"Woah..."

Seokjin walks around his place and chuckles.

"Did you do all this?"

Crystal clear windows, a polished couch, washed and nicely folded clothes and no dusty things at all.

"Who else? A ghost?"

"Don't talk about it. I'm scared."

"Pffft, such a soft kid."

"Excuse me, I'm three years older than you."

"And that doesn't make you a braver person than I am."

He scratches the back of his ear and smiles brightly.

"Thank you, Haejoo-ah..."

She just turns to the other side on the couch and closes her eyes. He tip-toes to her and holds her shoulders from behind.

"AHHHHH!"

Haejoo suddenly gets up and slaps him on his cheek.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? DO NOT TOUCH ME. NOT EVEN A BIT OF MY SKIN."

She yells at him and goes to her room, slamming the door loudly and locking it.

Seokjin slowly holds his face and sits down on the couch. He doesn't feel mad. He doesn't feel shocked. He is puzzled. He sees exactly how Haejoo was like while screaming at him.

He says in his mind,

'Haejoo was shaking.'

'Her voice nearly cracked but it wasn't because of anger... It was actually because of fear.'

'I saw fear in her eyes.'

He looks at her room and lets out a loud sigh.

"Han Haejoo, are you even okay....?"