Soulmate AU: Part 28

You're not sure if the searing pain in your chest is from the quirk or what was just revealed, but you don't stop running.

WhatTheFuckWhatTheFuckWhatTheFuckWhatTheFuckWhatTheFuckWhatTheFuckWhatTheFuck

You stumbled through the empty corridors, tears blurring your vision as they streamed down your face.

Why didn't he erase the quirk? why did he make me stay with him these past three nights? was he ever going to tell me the truth? What the fuck is happening!

You turned the corner and slammed into someone, knocking you both to the ground. You frantically wiped the tears from your eyes as you blustered out an apology. The person you had knocked over stood up quickly before offering you their hand.

"Miss, are you alright?" A warm baritone voice asked. You looked up and gasped, the voice didn't match its owner at all. Looming over you was a skeleton of a man dressed in an oversized garish yellow suit, "What happened?"

"Do you—do know where t-the exit is?" You hiccuped violently as you tried desperately not to cry in front of the kind stranger.

The man gently helped you to your feet, "Yea, I'll show you to the exit. But more importantly ma'am, what's wrong?"

You opened your mouth to speak and felt yourself begin to crumble from the inside. The man caught you before you could fall and asked, "Are you sure you don't need me to take you to Recovery Girl?"

You shook your head frantically, desperate to get as far away from the campus as possible, "I need to leave, I have to get away from him."

"Get away from who?"

The sound of feet pounding against the tile floor echoed through the empty halls. Your breath hitched as you ripped yourself free from the man's hold. Your head swiveled around as you frantically looked for an exit.

"Y/N!" Aizawa yelled after flying around the corner, spotting you, "stop running so I can explain!" Aizawa gritted his teeth and hunched forward against the pain bursting inside his chest.

The stranger calmly stepped forward, gently pushing you to where you stood behind him. The man spoke with an edge to his voice that sent a shiver down your spine, "Aizawa. What's the meaning of this? What did you do to the girl?"

"Step aside Al— Toshinori. She'll be fine, this doesn't concern you." Aizawa seethed through clenched teeth.

"There's somebody in need of help so it does actually," Toshinori said seemingly calm, "so why don't you tell me what the heck is going on?"

"I don't have time to deal with you right now. I'm serious, leave us alone so I can fix this." Aizawa warned as he surged forward, his eyes were locked on you as you hid behind Toshinori. Aizawa reached out for you with his hand that linked the two of you together.

"You know I can't do that."  Toshinori said standing firm.

Why is this happening? How could he possibly make this seem okay again? Why did he follow me? Was it because of the quirk? He had to have dealt with worse pain than this. Why do I even care? He kept something like that from me.

Fuck it, I'm ending this now.

Your body trembled violently as you fell to your knees. Your H/C hair swirled around you casting dark shadows across your tear stained face.

"You can't fix this, Aizawa."

The royal blue glow burned your eyes and filled the hall with a blinding light.

You heard the sound of people hitting the floor and students screaming. You watched as Aizawa and Toshinori collapsed before everything faded into darkness.