Soulmate AU: Part 44 ⚠️

TW: Knife-Inflicted Injury (accidental). See bottom of update for summary.

You're not exactly sure when you fell asleep, but you woke to the sound of Mic and Reina rummaging through your kitchen pantry.

"What do you think they'll want for dinner?" You overheard Reina ask Mic.

"I honestly don't know, Shō has never really been a picky eater. But the guy basically lives off these jelly pouch things because he thinks cooking full meals is a waste of time."

Reina sighed, "She's the same, well minus the jelly pouches. She essentially lives on *favorite quick breakfast drink/meal* alone some days."

Mic chuckled and asked, "Hey, when they end up together, do you think they'll make each other start to eat better? Or are they just going order a concerning amount of takeout?"

"Hmmmm... I'm gonna hope for the first option."

When we end up together? How are they so sure we'll end up together? Oh my god I didn't even get an answer from him earlier. The guys are really sweet, please tell me I didn't screw this up by asking Shota out....

You looked down at Aizawa's head still in your lap and ran a hand through your hair. It was hard to believe you had only met the man eight days ago, it felt like you had been tied together for months —not because the week seemed to drag with him— but because of all the new experiences and things that happened during that time.

You checked the time on your phone, 6:43 pm, you had slept for at least four hours. You shifted carefully, trying not to wake Aizawa.

You heard him mumble incoherently before he rolled over onto his stomach and buried his face in the side of your hip. You froze in place.

"Uhhhhhh..... Aizawa?" You said, unsure what to do about the situation.

"Call me Shota." He mumbled still half-asleep, his voice muffled by the fabric of your shirt. You moved the fabric of your shirt to the side to get a better view of the side of his face.

"Okay, umm... Shota?" You brushed his hair away from his face, "I think the others are starting to get dinner ready, I thought you might want to start waking up a little."

He shifted again, brought a hand up to rest beside his head. His cold fingers slipped under the hem of your shirt and left goosebumps across your thigh. You felt him pause, his hand slowly moved back down to where it was originally.

Neither of you spoke for a moment and neither of you dared to move.

"I'm still using you as a pillow, aren't I?" He asked although it wasn't really a question.

"Yep."

"I should move."

"Probably."

Aizawa groaned as he gracelessly pushed himself upright using the couch for support. He turned his attention away from you, and seemingly began to search for something, "Where's my capture weapon?"

"I think you left it on my nightstand." You said straightening out your legs, "Is everything alright?" You absently tried to rub the sensation of pins and needles from your calves.

You saw him visibly relax a little at your answer, "Yea, I'm just not very keen on misplacing it. It's not easy to replace."

"That's surprising, I thought Pros had like whole support teams that you could go to for equipment repair."

"They do if they work with a hero agency, it's a bit more paperwork if you're not in one." He explained as he rubbed the back of his bare neck.

"Huh, I thought there was—" you heard something crash to the floor in the kitchen followed by the sound of Reina screaming. Aizawa stayed in front of you as the two of you rushed into the kitchen.

You found Mic crouched beside Reina who was doubled over on her knees. She clutched her left arm to her chest and you immediately saw why. A cutting board and potatoes were scattered across the floor, but a silver pairing knife stuck partially out from the side of her quirk-hardened forearm.

Summary: you wake up a couple hours later to hearing Mic and Reina getting dinner ready. Aizawa tells the reader to call him Shota while still half asleep. Aizawa does a bit of accidental thigh grabbing. Aizawa changes the subject to hero work and mentions the process they have to take to get their support items. The conversation is cut short when the reader hears Reina yell. You run into kitchen to see that she had tripped while carrying a cutting board and knife. Knife is only stuck in a little but she panicked and tried to use her quirk a second too late so now the knife is stuck in her quirk hardened arm.