Soulmate AU: Part 20

As the two of you neared the main entrance to the Teacher's Dorm, you stumbled nearly landing on your face. Aizawa caught you in a less than graceful manner, leaving you partially suspended in midair with his arms wrapped around your waist.

Before you could thank him, Aizawa sighed and readjusted his hold on you to where he was carrying you in his arms.

"Wait—no, put me down I'm fine." You fussed, flustered by the fact that you were being carried bridal-style, "I just tripped, it was an accident."

"Not happening, I told you I was carrying you the rest of the way if anything happened." He said flatly, making it clear this wasn't up for debate.

"But it was just an accident." You repeated as you tried to stifle a yawn.

"Just let me help you, it's obvious you still aren't completely better yet." He said as he watched you struggle to stay awake in his arms. You released a small sigh of defeat before letting your head fall to his shoulder.

"Is there anyone you can contact that you'd feel comfortable with going to your house and getting some of your stuff?" Aizawa asked as he opened one of the main doors, "You shouldn't be up and moving more than necessary tonight."

"There's a couple that come to mind, but they're all out of town for a convention that's happening this week." You frowned.

Aizawa hummed as he thought for a moment before asking, "Would you be comfortable with Mic going to get your things? You can trust him, the worst he'd do is probably reorganize any CDs you own by genre and artist."

"I'm totally fine with that, but do you think he'd really be willing to do that for me? I mean, I've only talked to him once in person."

"Yea, it shouldn't be an issue, he still owes me a favor from a while back." Aizawa explained as he stepped onto the elevator.

As he got out on his floor, the pair of you were greeted by none other than the loud golden-haired man himself. It looked like he was just getting home as well.

"Hey, we were just talking about you."Aizawa said as he walked toward his apartment, "I need a favor."

Mic looked surprised for a split second before asking, "Hey—Wait, what the heck happened to Y/N?"

Aizawa explained the situation to Mic, all while still holding you up against his chest.

"I'd be happy to help Y/N, I can head over there now if yah want."

"Thanks Mic." Aizawa said as he reluctantly lowered you back to your feet to open the apartment door.

"Any time," Mic said as he trailed behind the two of you inside, "so what's the address you need me to go to? And do I need a house key?"

You wrote down the address and fished your keys from your bag, "Here's the address, it's on the sixth floor, and the key to get in is the larger silver one." You handed him everything, "Thank you so much, I really appreciate you doing this. I owe you one."

"Anything for my new favorite Listener," He said with a grin, "Text me the list of stuff you need. I'll be back before you know it, but if you guys are asleep by the time I come back, I'll leave the stuff by the front door."

The door closed behind Mic with a soft click. You yawned loudly and tried to stretch, but the muscles in your neck and shoulders spasmed in protest. A small whimper escaped your lips as you waited for the pain to pass.

Aizawa's eyebrows narrowed as he asked, "Whats wrong?"

"I'll be fine, just a muscle cramp." You promised despite the grimace on your face.

Aizawa sighed and took your linked hand in his, "Come on." He led you towards the back of the apartment, "You should take a hot shower, it'll help."

"Okay."

Your lack of hesitation caught you both off guard, but neither of you pointed it out.

Once inside the bathroom, you let Aizawa get undressed first again. You attempted to pull off the baggy sweatshirt, but found yourself on the brink of tears when you attempted to lift your arms above your head.

Aizawa hesitated for a moment before speaking, "Do you want some help?"

"I'm sorry." You apologized as your body shook slightly.

"Don't apologize for being hurt, especially in this instance." Aizawa said as he carefully took hold of the hem of the sweatshirt and eased you out of it. He did the same for the gym shirt, but paused as he reached for your bra clasp. He looked at you, waiting, until you nodded slightly. He slowly undid the clasp and gently slid the straps from your shoulders.

A/N: this update was originally stupidly long, so I'm splitting it between two uploads to maintain consistency. Sorry -.-'