Soulmate AU: Part 7

Despite the strange circumstances, you had eventually succumbed to sleep.

It was 2:43 AM when it happened.

Your arm was suddenly yanked to the side, startling you from a dead sleep.
You found yourself breathless in a dark, unfamiliar room. It wasn't until you took note of the culprit that woke you, that you remembered where you were.

In the pale moon light that trickled in between the shut curtains, you saw the man writhing in his sleep. He had kicked off the blankets, with sweat clinging to his bare chest and dark locks. He was curled partially into the fetal position with his arms protectively covering his head.

He was crying, tears flowed freely down his pained face.

Forgetting the sheer panic that you woke in, you immediately crawled on your hands and knees to his side. You gently placed your hands on his shaking arm and activated your quirk.

Aizawa's body gradually began to still, though the affects of your quirk weren't immediate like they usually were. His breathing slowly evened out and you sat there looking at his sleeping form.

Just how bad are your nightmares, Aizawa... that was almost like I couldn't pull you away from it for a moment....

An overwhelming feeling of protectiveness surged through you and you made up your mind in that moment. For the remainder of the week you were by Mr. Aizawa's side, you were going to keep his nightmares at bay.

You reached down and gingerly pulled back up the yellow quilt from off the ground over Aizawa's legs and your body.

Sweet dreams Mr. Aizawa, you thought to yourself before closing your eyes and deactivating your quirk.

You felt a large, warm hand slide into your's as you drifted back to sleep.

*****

You woke up later that same morning to the beeping of the alarm you set on your phone. As you began to stretch you noticed a heavy weight on your chest.

You looked down rubbing the sleep from your eyes to see a sleeping Aizawa sprawled across you, using your chest as a makeshift pillow. He tightened his grip around your waist and intertwined his legs with yours when you attempted to shift away.

You hesitated for a moment before gently ruffling his hair, he grunted but didn't move. You laughed and ruffled his hair again a little harder this time, "Hey sleepyhead, those aren't your pillow that got your face buried in."

Aizawa rolled off you in a heartbeat obviously awake now. He stared up at the ceiling, looking as if he was trying to find the right thing to say in that moment. After contemplating it for a moment he just sighed, "I understand why you woke me, but god what I wouldn't give to go back to sleep right now." Aizawa yawned, arching his back as he stretched, "I can't remember the last time I slept that hard."

You fought a pleased smirk that threatened to dance across your face.

"What's with the face?" Aizawa asked looking up at you when he noticed you sitting up in bed.

"I don't know what you mean, my face always looks like this in the morning."

"Did you do something weird while I was asleep?" He glanced down at your bare legs.

"What are you implying? I'm not going to do anything weird!—especially not in someone else's bed." You huffed pulling the quilt farther up your body, acutely aware of your lack of underwear in that moment.

Aizawa closed his eyes again and tucked his hands behind head, his broad chest and toned torso on full display. His voice was still hoarse from sleeping, "What do you think I was implying Ms. Y/N? I simply asked a question because you were staring at me funny."

"Can you really blame a girl though? You're pretty disheveled this morning." You scoffed, taking the opportunity to glance down. His sweatpants sat dangerously low on his hips and were visibly tented.

"I have no idea what you're referring to, this how I normally look in the mornings." He said casually propping up one leg to hide his morning... visitor.

"Oh, so your friend visits every morning? That sounds inconvenient." You snickered.

"No comment."

Knock, knock, knock.

You looked to Aizawa for an explanation, but he shook his head frowning.

"No one comes to my apartment this early in the morning."

You silently slid out of bed after Aizawa and exited the room. He had his capture weapon on before you both got to the door. He looked out his peephole and groaned loudly.

"Who is it?"

"Two of my students, Jiro and Yaoyorozu, and from the looks of it they brought you something."

"What? What would they be bringing me?"

"It's too early to deal with this, you talk to them." He sighed before stepping out the way so you could open the door.

A/N: This is honestly probably as 'lemon' as it'll get for the most part