Soulmate AU: Part 43

The four of you settled into the soft brown upholstery of the two small couches that filled your living room. Reina had already taken the liberty of pulling out your two massive cotton throw blankets and tossed them on the couches. Her and Mic had claimed  the couch directly across from the tv. You eased Aizawa onto the empty couch and passed the blanket to him as you sat down beside him.

"I have never seen two people sit so awkwardly together before right now." Reina said, pausing mid conversation with Mic, "Dude, what's up with you guys?" 

"Oh. Um, it's just..." you tucked your feet beside you on the couch and laughed awkwardly, "it still feels a bit weird to not have him sitting right beside me."

"I'll move closer as long as you're alright with me eventually using you as a pillow again." Aizawa said before yawning.

You shrugged, "Yea sure, I don't mind."

Aizawa nodded lethargically before throwing the large blanket over both of your laps. He laid out across the remainder of the small couch on his back and rested his head on your thigh. He glanced up at your face and asked, "Is this fine?"

"Yea, but eventually came a lot sooner than I thought it would." You laughed shaking your head slightly. You adjusted your legs under him to get comfy.

"I figured it'd be better to do it now rather than later in case you forgot and thought I was trying to do something else." He explained.

"Fair enough." You said. Your phone dinged from inside your pocket, "oh sorry, I'll turn it off."

The screen lit up with the notification, New Message from Reina. You glanced in her direction to see her staring at the tv, refusing to meet your gaze.

You opened the message,

Reina: I'm glad u two were able to talk it out.

You: me too

You glanced down at Aizawa, he was obviously still awake despite having closed his eyes. His dark hair pooled in your lap and you found yourself combing your free hand through it as you continued to type.

You: there's definitely a lot that we still need to learn about each other, but it's nice being able to relax around him again.

You heard Reina snort quietly.

Reina: yea u two def seem at home with each other lmao

You: ?

Reina: u look like ur having fun playing with his hair over there

Reina: *click to download image*

You: what is with u and mic taking pics of us

She had managed to snap a photo when you had glanced down at him. You didn't know you were even capable of smiling like that and felt embarrassed that you had been caught.

Is that really how I've been smiling at him? Oh my god, I look like a love sick puppy, thought to yourself. You still found yourself saving the photo to your camera roll.

Reina: i just got mic to show me the photos you were talking about and omfg we're gonna get you back to being that happy even if it kills me

Reina: like holy crap y/n u guys looked like a Kodak picture

Reina: I'm almost jealous lmao

You: i get the feeling u might have your own Kodak moments soon enough

You clicked a photo and sent it smiling. Mic had been pretending to watch the movie while he occasionally glanced at her. You managed to catch him looking at her with a dopey grin plastered on his face.

You watched Reina open the message and blush faintly before her phone slipped out of her hand. Her and Mic both reached to grab it from the floor which resulted in them knocking their heads together. You were laughing as the two of them frantically apologized to one another when you heard Aizawa whisper something.

You leaned forward a little, "what did you say?"

"Lean forward a little more."

You did.

"More than that." He whispered amused.

You leaned in a little closer, hesitant to lean in too far. Aizawa sighed quietly before he slipped one of his hands around the back of your neck. He pulled you forward until you felt his stubble brush against your jaw as he whispered, "I know I'm still pretty out of it right now, but did I miss something earlier?"

You chuckled quietly as you tried to sound calm, "Not really, they exchanged numbers, but that's it as far as I know."

"Who knows with him, maybe she can convince him relax and take a bit of personal leave."

"Have you ever thought of using some of your annual leave for a 'me' day?" You asked.

"Couldn't think of anything I'd want to do besides sleep."

You closed your eyes and nervously asked, "How about taking one with me then? —After everything has settled back down of course."

Aizawa paused before asking, "Is this your way of asking me out Y/N?"

You felt your face turn a fiery red as you nodded slightly, "If you want it to be." You felt his stubble lightly scratch against your cheek.

A loud cough startled you and made you realize the two of you had an audience.

Reina grinned widely, "I don't know what the heck the two of you were talking about just now —But judging by the startling shade of red that Y/N's face is now, I'm gonna guess it was about something fun." She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively as she said the last part, "that being said though, if you two plan on doing anything more, take it to a different room. Mic and I have a sexy archeologist to watch."

"I didn't think you were into brunettes." You said trying to change the subject.

"They're not bad, but I definitely have more of a thing for blondes." She said before winking at Mic. She didn't see Mic's amused expression as she began to look for the remote.

Reina pressed play and lit up the dimly lit room with the glow of the opening credit scenes.

A/N: Am i showing my age too much by making the Kodak moment reference? 😂