Chapter 2 - Percy

Percy Jackson (and co.) belongs to Rick Riordan.

LET'S BEGIN.

PERCY

"Unnugh…" Percy moaned, rubbing his forehead and sitting up. Dark blotches filled his eyes and he leaned back slightly.

"Eeuurgh", someone copied him. He glanced over in panic, to find his girlfriend, Annabeth, uncurling and grasping firmly onto his hand. Her makeshift cast, from when she'd broken her ankle, had collapsed next to her.

Percy went straight into panic-mode. Was Annabeth alive? (Duh. She had just 'Eeuurghed' at him). Where were they? (He had no idea) and was everything in one piece?

After shifting about a bit, he concluded that he hadn't broken anything, but he'd have nice bruise on his bum tomorrow morning.

'If I live that long', he gulped, stupid Hera. All the Gods fault.

"Percy?" Annabeth mumbled weakly, next to him. His heart warmed at the sight of her and he blinked quickly, trying not to get distracted from her beauty.

"What's wrong?"

"My…my ankle… it hurts so much…". Her sobs ceased as she blacked out for a brief second. He squeezed her hand tightly, letting her know he was right there, "Has my backpack… has it…"

Percy had to lean in closely to hear her.

She coughed, moaning at the pain it bought her, "Has it landed nearby?"

Scanning the premises, he spotted a mangled heap of fabric that he presumed was indeed, Annabeth's backpack.

"I'll be a minute, Annabeth. I'm just going to get it – it's only a few metres away".

She smiled; eyes squeezed shut, "When is something like that simple?"

He furrowed his eyebrows; she was right, when was anything simple for a demigod?

"I doubt anything will happen, you'll be able to see me at all times."

Annabeth nodded meekly, releasing his hand and pushing him away with the foot that wasn't broken. "Go on then, Seaweed Brain. Just don't run into any Titan's".

"Got it", he winked, heaving himself up. As soon as he was standing, rough winds battered him from all sides, ruffling his hair and making his eyes water.

The wind stole his breath, but one brief look at Annabeth and he knew he had to get to her rucksack in order for them to carry on to the Doors of Death.

'Who chose that name anyway?' he thought, advancing slowly.

As he reached Annabeth's bag, he finally got to see the 'lovely' view of Tartarus. Or part of it, at least.

A huge, stone chasm stretched out roughly one hundred feet below them – he couldn't be too sure from the grey mist that surrounded them, clinging to everything like a life-line.

No life-lines down here, Percy Jackson, a voice purred. He whipped his head around, searching for the source of the voice. It lazily laughed in his head; I am all around you, Perseus. After all, I am the Earth, remember? You have defeated my sons Ephialtes and Otis, but now you are trapped down here and I shall rise in one month to the day. Stronger by the second, I shall defeat you and your friends and there's nothing you can do about it. And now that you and the Daughter of Athena are trapped down here, I can finally have such wonderful sacrifices!

"We'll defeat you!" he shouted into the empty air, uncapping Riptide and raising it, "You and every monster in your pathetic army!"

A sudden gust of wind knocked him down, tiny snickers trailing after it. Riptide was flung out of his hand and skittered off the ledge.