Overwhelming Happiness

Start from the beginning

"Wei Ying, what is it?" Lan Zhan whisper to his lover in his ear. He had wake up earlier than expected and he wonder why was he like that.

"I have a dream... no, more like a nightmare. We were saying our final goodbyes, because you were offered the position of Chief Cultivator and accepted because of our promise... but I couldn't stay in the Cloud Recesses for long, so I was going to leave... and you let me go... just like that, just let me go to wonder around on my own." Wei whisper back, holding him tighter.

"Just a dream. I'm here. Calm down." Wangji added.

"Promise me you won't leave me." Wei insisted.

"I promise. Now, let us in..." Wangji said softly.

"Huh? Us? Lan Zhan what do you mea...?" Wei let go of him, in confusion, but then he looked behind Lan Zhan's shoulder. At the border of the sliding door, stood Lan Sizhui and Wen Ning, both of them clearly embarrassed for the sudden display of affection. Wei then, laughed nervously, glad that they had clean their sticky mess last night and dressed back before went to sleep in each other arms, otherwise Sizhui and Wen Ning would had seen him half naked and be even more embarrassed.

"Ah, Sizhui... Wen Ning..." Wei said as he moved away from the door, so they could come in.

"Senior Wei..." Sizhui formally greet him.

"Young Master Wei..." Wen Ning said nervously.

"Hum, guys... why are you here so early in the morning? Are the other brats still downstairs?" Wei asked, as he moved to open the window to let the soft light of the new day in, then recline over the border, to enjoy the morning breeze. He loved the way the light make Wangji reflect it with his mourning white clothes. Perhaps at some point, he can make Lan Zhan wear more blue, like Xichen or red, if he convince him to wed him, so their union will be for life.

"Young Master Wei, downstairs is quite full, not only with the juniors of the Clans, but also the leaders. With Nie Huaisang unable to move for a while, they are discussing in what to do with former leader Mingjue's coffin. Should they move it to the Unclean Realm or..." Wen Ning begin saying.

"It's not going to be a good idea to move the coffin to Unclean Realm. The resentful energy is not something that should be played with and Nie Huaisang had already done enough of that. If you don't want either Baxia or Mingjue going in and out of that coffin, buried somewhere else, in a unpopulated area as deep as they can, then seal the whole place and let it rest in peace."

"Wei Ying, what do you mean?" Lan Zhan asked, obviously referring to Huaisang playing with the resentful energy.

"I'm quite sure that Nie awaked Baxia spirit after I sealed down the first time. Only he could had done it and the strong energy I felt before Baxia went out of control again, came from where he was standing. Thinking back, he probably knew Mo Xuanyu, who knew some of the dark secrets Jin Guangyao was hiding, so they put in motion a plan that will satisfy their need of revenge, with Nie extracting Baxia spirit close to the Mo mansion, for you kids to stumble over the case, which in turn will bring Wangji to investigate it as well, while Xuanyu offer his body and bring me back to take revenge in his place. The rest we know, the threatening letter, the two women confession back in the Lotus Pier and so on. That idiot even fool me to the very end." Lan Zhan frowned, so Huaisang was the second one moving things behind their back to get to Guangyao. They were all used by the two men no one expect it.

"I will tell brother about this. Stay here." He said, beginning to move to the door.

"Ah, Lan Zhan... there is no real proof and it's not like anything can be changed if you tell Xichen and at the end, he did bring me back, no matter the reason, he give us a second chanced and he was punished, been bed ridden for a while and all." Wei protested.