[ch.83] torn & miserable

Valentina's pov;

"Your father is now in his coma." Was Asher's first words to Bailey and I today.
"He has lost a lot of blood and we are doing all we can to treat it. There is a high chance that your father will survive. If he is to survive the coma and continuous surgery, he won't be able to walk for the rest of his living life."

Bailey and I exchanged worried glances before looking back at Asher.

"That is all I have for you two today. You are welcome to stay and visit him."

"Thank you, Asher," Bailey nodded at the elder male doctor as we began walking to the door.

"Oh and Asher," I paused as I turned on my heels to face him. "H-how long is he going to be in a coma for?"

Asher let out a sigh as he gathered his papers.
"We don't know. If I could take a guess, it will be around a month or more due to the way his body reacted to the car incident."

I nodded at him, my lips pulled into a thin line.
"O-okay. Thanks, Asher."

Asher nodded at us with sympathy before allowing us to exit his office.

Timothy stood up as soon as Bailey and I exited the office, his hazel eyes red and wide.
"What did he say?"

"Pretty much the same as yesterday," I softly responded. "There's a chance he'll survive."

Timothy's face brightened, a small smile making it's way onto his lips.
"Really? That's good!"

"But..." I sighed. "He won't be able to walk for the rest of his life. And the coma may last for around a month or more."

Timothy's face fell at the sudden news.
"Oh... I'm so sorry guys-"

"You don't need to apologise, dude," Bailey smiled softly as he patted Timothy's shoulder before walking down the long, wide hallway.

I looked up at Timothy, giving him a small smile before placing my lips on his, his large hand cupping my cheek.
"Thank you for being here... with us."

"You know i'll always be here, princess. I'm never leaving your side."

I nodded before stepping away from him and walking down the hallway to the direction of my dads designated room.

We were told by the doctors and nurses that it was strictly only family in the room. Timothy understood immediately and always sat in the hallway on one of the guest chairs.

I peeked through the small window that was displayed on the large white door. A single tear slid down my cheek as I watched Bailey sit on the chair next to my dad, tears running down his face as he held his hand.

My heart broke at the sight of both him and my father. Bailey looked so torn apart that it sent a pang throughout my chest.

I knocked softly on the door before letting myself in, Bailey jumping slightly as he glanced up at me.

"H-hey," he choked out as he quickly wiped his tears.

"Hey, Bail," I smiled softly as I stood next to him.

There was a moment of silence between Bailey and I. The only sound that was heard was the beeping coming from the machine.

Bailey was torn today. His reaction to the call yesterday seemed to have him in a trance. He managed to let out some soft tears but today was hitting him differently. Something had obviously triggered him and I wanted to be there for him to help him along the way.

Bailey was by my side once we got the call yesterday and I was thankful for that.

As both siblings and twins, Bailey and I have always been by each other's side since we reunited last year.

He has helped me through so much, even though we have had many arguments and downfalls.

I needed to give him the same in return and show him how thankful I actually am for him as a sister.

I glanced at Bailey, his once bright green eyes were now dull as red surrounded his orbs. His lips were puffy from all of the crying and there were marks across his cheeks from his tears.

I told myself to stay strong and be positive. If I were to think negative, something bad may happen.

"He looks l-lifeless," Bailey blurted out quietly as he looked down at our dad.

I sniffled as I looked away from our dad, not being able to look at his appearance any longer.

He was cleaned up but was still covered in many bruises and scratches. He had a few casts here and there for his broken bones and his whole body was pale.

"I know," I whispered as I grabbed Bailey's shaking hand. "He's going to be alright, Bailey.
I know he will."

Once those words left my mouth, many negative thoughts clouded my head.

I ignored those hurtful thoughts as part of me knew that he was going make it.

I didn't want to think negative.

Our dad is a strong man and constantly works hard. He has gone through so much and I knew that he could fight this and survive.

"Yeah..." Bailey whispered. "I hope."

I gulped nervously as I squeezed my twin brothers hand before looking back down at our dad laying peacefully across the hospital bed.

[Authors note]

Hey everyone! I missed you guys :'(
I just want to start off by saying I am extremely sorry for not being as active on this book. I have been focusing on my other book I  am writing at the moment. I have also officially finished year 12 and I am graduating next Thursday!

Now that school's officially over for good, I will write and update as much as I can. I will try my best to push the Daniel Seavey book aside as I want to finish this book first.

I may be stopping it on 90 chapters as I am on writers block. I am really going to miss writing this book. I loved writing each chapter and I am thankful for those that have supported me throughout it :)

Sadly all books eventually have to come to an end.

There is still more chapters to come so let's not get sad just yet haha.

I am also sorry for the short chapter. I didn't know what else to write and I feel like it's time to move on and add something knew for the next chapters.

Anyway, thanks for your patience with my slow updating and hopefully I am motivated enough to write another chapter soonnn

Love you all!

- Chloe 🥀