[ch.45] officially graduating high school

Valentina's pov;

"Today's the day," my dad cheered as I lazily walked down the stairs then into the kitchen.

I immediately groaned, throwing myself onto the chair besides Bailey, banging my head on the kitchen table.

"Val stop, you're going to get a concussion," Bailey joked in a tone that made me want to punch his face.

I lifted my hand up, sending him the middle finger causing him to snort.

"I thought you were excited to graduate," I heard my dad's voice speak up again as he sat down next to me.

I lifted my head up, neatening my hair as I wasn't bothered to go back upstairs and fix it with a brush.
"I am, but at the same time, I'm sad because we are leaving school for good now and I'm nervous as we will now be living in the real world."

My dad smiled as he looked at me, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"I understand Val, I was feeling the exact same on the last day of school. You know what made me better though? Your mum. She helped me through a lot and helped me graduate also. Timothy may be feeling the same way, and I've noticed you've been trying to help him out a lot lately to graduate. He may not show it, but in the inside, he's really thankful for you. You guys both care about each other, and now you're finally graduating together. See? You guys helped each other throughout and now look where you are? Succeeding, so get up and eat breakfast then go to school," he finished with a squeeze on my shoulder before he got up himself to get ready for work.

"Damn," Bailey spoke up, breaking the silence between us twins sitting at the kitchen table.

"Yeah," I breathed as I dazed out looking out the window.

〰️

"Val! It's happening, it's actually happening!" Annie screamed, clutching onto my arm as she grew nervous.

Our whole year were all lined up in our robes and hats as we talked amongst ourselves.

We were waiting outside the school's humongous gym. Timothy and the boys were stood near by with a large group of people in our year. I didn't want to associate with them as they were all popular and immature. I sometimes forget that Timothy is really popular so I have to give him time to hang with his other large group of friends.

I was put off from my daze as I felt someone bump into my shoulder.

I look in front of me to see a flash of ginger hair wave in the breezy wind.

Jennifer turned around, getting ready to prance at the person but stopped herself as her eyes landed on me.

"Oh, Valentina," she smiled, my eyebrows instantly furrowing deeply as I looked at her with both shock and confusion. "Sorry, I didn't see you there. How have you been?"

I stood shocked as I stared at the tall, rich, popular girl. "Uh, good I suppose?"

"That's good," she smiled.

I narrowed my eyes at her, trying to find any sort of fake-ness in her, but there was none.

"Um...what about you?" I asked, cringing slightly as I stared at the girl.

Why was she treating me so nicely?

"Good, thanks for asking," she smiled brightly once again.

"Well, I'm going to go over there," she pointed to the large group of popular teenagers in our year, "wanna join?"

I raised my eyebrows at her in disbelief. Not only was she speaking and being nice to me but she was inviting me to her friend group, the friend group she would never let me go near. I only approached them when I was with Timothy and my friends, but always eventually left afterwards.