[ch.47] living in the real world really is difficult

Valentina's pov;

"Tim, you literally have beef with everyone," Brayden said as he laughed slightly.

"No shit," Timothy joked as he rolled his eyes playfully.
"It's mostly with boys though."

"Yeah because those particular girls always cheated on them with you, that's why they have beef with you," Hunter stepped in, making Timothy roll his eyes once again as he sent him a hard glare.

"Hunter, not in front of Valentina please."

"It's fine Tim," I smiled softly as I kissed his cheek as he nodded with a sincere smile.

"What even happened last night? I thought you and that Jeremy boy were supposed to be friends?" I continued as I looked at him with furrowed brows.

"We were until he participated in that crime and was sent to jail."

I nodded, letting the silence around us form.
"How old is he?."

"Twenty one," Timothy sighed.
"We grew up together."

"Oh," my mouth formed into an 'o' shape as everything started to make sense.
"Anyway enough of that, what are you doing for your eighteenth?"

Hunter's, Brayden's and Bailey's attention was brought to us fully as they stared at Timothy with raised brows.

"Not sure yet, I was thinking of having a party but I'm not sure about it anymore."

"Why?" the boys groaned except for me as I stared at him with furrowed brows.

"Do you guys even remember what happened last night and last time I threw a party?" Timothy said as he glanced at his friends.

My eyebrows furrowed deeper as I looked at Timothy.
"What do you mean? What happened at your last party?"

"Well it was before I met you, the police were called and myself and many of us teenagers were arrested and sent to the station."

I gasped, "why? when? Sorry for all of the questions, it's just- I wanna know."

Timothy chuckled softly as he pulled me closer to him, "it's fine. It was last year. It was like last nights party, it was wild. Drugs and underage drinking were involved, including many fights."

"Typical," I joked as the boys laughed.

"But I suppose having another party won't hurt or do any damage," Timothy continued as the boys cheered.

"What happens if the police get called?" I questioned, growing worried.

"I have my ways babe,"

"Whatever," I groaned as I laid my head on his shoulder, bringing my attention back to the tv.
"I swear to god- if you get arrested and go to juvie-"

"-I'll make sure that won't happen," Timothy cockily said as he winked at me.

〰️

Now that school was over for good, I had to start concentrating on the real world. I had no idea what I wanted to do and it was stressing me, big time. I suppose I didn't have to worry about it too much as my dad said he never had an easy after life as his job was being in a gang. Timothy and the boys also didn't know what they wanted to do, only Annie did.

She was in fact a goodie two shoes when I arrived at the school and she didn't exactly have any friends. She was very smart and clever so I wasn't surprised to know that she might be going to college next year.

It envied me quite a bit as she will grow up to be a successful women while I will probably live on the streets. I did quite well in school and I graduated, so maybe I had a chance. The only problem was that if I do maybe end up at college, well get in, i'll be leaving Timothy, my brother, my two friends and dad.

I just didn't know anymore.
What was I good at?

"Art," I muttered as I stared out the small window in my tree house.
"My secret talent is art."

Maybe I could become an art teacher? I could go to university and learn to become one. I just had to work for it and make sure I get in and save enough money.

It was a debate between university and college now.

Was I brave enough? Ready to attend college? Work harder than usual? After everything that has happened to me I just didn't know.

I still had a few months to think, but that wasn't long enough. I should've known what I was up against once school finished.

There was a quiet knock at my tree house door that pulled me out of my thoughts.

I looked up and saw my dad enter, a slight smile present on his face as he sent me a nod.
"Are you alright? How long have you been here for?"

A sigh escaped my lips as I watched my dad approach me.
"Not long, I came here to think. It helps me... it helps me when I need time to think and when I'm stressed."

A frown instantly formed on my dad's face as he sat down next to me.
"What's wrong bambi?"

"It scares me dad, living in the real world. Now that I have officially finished school, I don't know what to do. I should've known what I wanted to do ages ago, but I just can't think straight. I don't know dad, I just don't know," I sobbed as I buried my face in my hands.

I heard my dad sigh, "Valentina... it's alright okay? When I left school, I never knew what I wanted to do either. It stressed me daily, but your mum was there by my side and helped me. It took a lot of time for me to focus and get used to it. There's no need to rush okay? You have plenty of time. Maybe take a break next year to figure out what you want to do then do it the year after," he spoke his words with passion as he looked at me.
"What's your passion Valentina?"

"U-um," I stuttered as I was about to expose my secret talent.
"A-art."

A smile immediately appeared on my dad's face, making his features brighter.
"Perfect, now work your way through that and if you really want that to be your future job, do it. Go to university, become a teacher in the future and teach students."

I nodded as I sniffled, pulling my dad into a hug.
"Thank you dad."

"Anytime sweetie, I'll always be here to help, you know that right?"

I nodded again, "yes, I know," I giggled softly as his smile widened.

Maybe taking a break next year and participating university the year after won't be so bad, but my mind was still stuck on college.

Living in the real world really is difficult.